E ke poʻokumu, nā kākoʻo, nā kumu a me nā haumāna… aloha mai kākou
‘O ka lā iwakaluakūmāhā kēia o ʻOkakopa
He Poʻakahi kēia
He lā ‘ekahi
Today is Monday, October 24, Day 1
Lunch today: Chicken Long Rice, Steamed Rice, Mock Luau, Sandwich, chilled fruits, and Milk/Water
Special beverages (10 coupons each) will be available at lunch during the last week of the trimester (this week) in the dining hall.
CRBLC ‘Okakopa/Nowemapa Incentive Activities:
Earn extra ‘Apu Lanakila points by clicking on the link and completing the CRBLC Incentive Activities. Points earned prior to Friday, 10/28/16, will count towards 1st trimester. The standings are close, so come on down and help your advisory and grade level jump in the lead before the final points are tallied.
Po’akahi CRBLC Challenge (One-Day Only)
E ho’omaika’i e Trinity Kim for winning 50 ‘Oi Kelakela dollars and 500 ‘Apu Lanakila points for Mr. DeMattos’s advisory! On Po’alima she successfully found Doll Bones by Holly Black in our new “Best of the Best” section. Come on in and check it out!
Today’s book challenge tells a tale of Hawai’i’s Huaka’i Pō. Using these clues, search for the book on our database and be the first to locate it to win 50 ‘Oi Kelakela dollars and 500 ‘Apu Lanakila points. Happy “marching”! (hint, hint)
- Students who do not have their detention folders completely finished* by Thursday morning (10/27/16) will need to report to the middle school office instead of reporting to Pāʻina Day activities (waterslides, etc.) We will be working in the māla, so students may want to think about bringing in a change of clothes/shoes.
- Students who STILL do not have their detention folders completely finished by Thursday afternoon will need to report to the middle school office on Friday 10/28/16 to work at a mandatory work day in the middle school māla. Transportation to/from school as well as lunch on this mandatory Friday workday in the māla is the responsibility of the student (school bus service and lunch are not available for middle school students on Friday.) The Friday workday will run from 7:45 pm to 2:45 pm.
* Note: A “COMPLETELY FINISHED” detention folder includes parent/guardian signature, daily initials for time served, and a post-detention conference held as evidenced by Mr. Chowʻs signature.
Middle School Sports:
Volleyball – See schedule at – october-game-and-practice-schedule
Students wanting to participate in judo, soccer, basketball, and wrestling must have a current concussion baseline test to participate. Testing will be done at Kekuʻiapoiwa (high school learning center); a check-in table will be inside. Testing will be done in small groups. Appointments are not necessary and students may check-in at any time during the times listed. The test is a non-invasive computer exam that takes approximately 30 minutes to complete. Sixth and seventh graders need a new test. Eighth graders that have never taken the test before also need a baseline test. Students that have already taken a test for this school year do not need to take it again. Contact an athletic trainer for questions (982-0632 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
The upcoming test dates and times are:
- Tuesday, November 1 beginning at 3-4:30pm
- Wednesday, November 9 beginning at 2-3:30pm
~ 1st Trimester Pāʻina on Thursday, October 27th – enjoy the celebration and bring your swimsuit, towel, slippers, sunscreen and change of clothes for field sports, Sham Battle, slip-n-slide, movie and more. Girls – one piece swimsuits are required. Boys – swim shorts that stay up are required.
~ No school!! Friday, October 28th – Teacher Work Day
~ Halloween, Monday, October 31st – come to school dressed in a costume. Please nothing gory or bloody. No weapons. No clowns.
I lā maikaʻi!