E ke poʻokumu, nā kākoʻo, nā kumu a me nā haumāna… welina mai me ke aloha!
‘O ka lā ʻekahi kēia o Malaki
He Poʻalua kēia
He lā ʻewalu (ʻeono)
Today is Tuesday, March 1, Day 8 (6)
Lunch today: Shoyu Chicken
Attention all 8th grade parents/ohana- We are still looking for volunteers to assist in our annual 5K Holo. This event is this Friday, 3/4. Please check the link http://www.signupgenius.com/go/409044da9a82da46-5kholo to see where you can kokua. If you have further questions please contact Mr. Masuko; 982-0502 or email@example.com
Trimester 3 ʻOi Kelakela Coupon Redemption Rate:
1 coupon = 25 ʻApu Lanakila points
Wrestling Sign Ups – if you are interested in joining the Middle School Wrestling team, please go to Mr. Courtotʻs blog to sign up: signup link on my blog
Ka ʻUmeke Laulima Sign Upʻs Still Being Taken
Earn ʻApu Lanakila points for your advisory by signing up for one (or more) of the following jonbs:
- 5000 points for 200 minutes of work by half an advisory (SUPERVISION BY ADVISOR and/or MR. CHOW REQUIRED!)
- 5000 points for 100 minutes of work by an entire advisory (SUPERVISION BY ADVISOR and/or MR. CHOW REQUIRED!)
- 1000 to 5000 points depending on the area to be weeded
- 2000 points for concrete surrounding Building 1
- 1500 points for concrete surrounding Building 2
- 1000 points for concrete surrounding Building 11
- 1000 points for clearing debris from the bottom of each downspout
- 1000 points for straightening and unbending downspouts that have been damaged/dented (SUPERVISION BY ADVISOR and/or MR. CHOW REQUIRED!)
- 1500 points for covered walkway from snack area to Laʻamea
- 1500 points for covered walkway from bus ramp area to Haʻaeamahi
- 1250 points for walkway from Bldg 11 to Laʻamea
- 1000 points for walkway from Bldg 1 to Bldg 11
Advisories that fail to follow-through will be charged with demerits for the same amount of points that would have been earned … so be sure that your advisory will follow through once you sign up for a job!
Middle School Sports:
Boys Basketball: Practice Tuesday, Thurs. & Friday in Laʻamea Gym from 3:30-5:30
Girls Basketball: Practice Monday, Wed. & Thurs. in Laʻamea Gym from 3:30-5:15
Golf: Practice Tuesday and Thursday at Hilo Muni from 3:30-4:30
Cheerleading: Practice Tuesday & Friday from 3:30-5:30 in Keaka Playcourt
- Grades 7 & 8 Spring Play, “The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon” – Thursday, 3/3 in Lunalilo at 6:00 pm.
- Grade 8 Holo Run on Friday, 3/4 – Imua ʻIʻiwi!!
- Young at Art – Opening Ceremony on Saturday, March 5th at 10:00 am at the East Hawaiʻi Cultural Center. Exhibits will be on display from March 5-23 and gallery hours are Thurs.-Sat. from 10:00-4:00.
I lā maikaʻi!