E ke poʻokumu, nā kākoʻo, nā kumu a me nā haumāna… aloha mai kākou
‘O ka lā ʻekolu kēia o Pepeluali
He Pōʻakahi kēia.
He lā ʻelima
Today is Monday, February 3, a Day 5
Lunch today: Spaghetti with Meat Sauce
Students: Just a reminder that you should not be placing stickers or anything else on (or in) your clear plastic ID holder that blocks any part of the printed side of your student ID. As we said from the beginning, you may place a sticker on the back side of the holder and/or put other items that fit BEHIND your ID, but you must not block any part of the printed side of the ID. Your face, your name, the bar code … nothing should be blocked.
Our Middle School Kalihiao Summer Program is looking for student leaders:
The position requires a student who can guarantee he/she will have transportation needs met and can report each day from Monday 6/16/14 to Friday 6/27/14. The ideal candidate will be on time daily (7:30 am – 3:00 pm), be able to take instruction from summer program teachers, be effective in giving instructional support to students, and be ready to serve as an excellent role model for our new incoming sixth graders.
If you are interested, please see Kumu Mele or Mrs. Supe to pick up a form. You will be asked to describe your reasons for wanting to be a student leader in our program and why you think you would be a positive addition to our team. Forms need to be returned to Mrs. Supe, Kumu Melelani Spencer, or Mr. Chow by 2/10/14. Selections will be made shortly after that. MAHALO!
Please help each other protect our KS laptops by reminding each other that nobody should ever leave their laptop unattended. Not only is it a Level 1 infraction (see page 58 of your handbook), but more importantly, it represents a very expensive piece of equipment that our Princess has so generously provided for you to use. Remember, we all have a collective responsibility to take care of our KS assets. Some key points to remember are:
- From the moment you step foot on campus, your laptop should not be left unattended… this includes mornings before school, during recess, lunch, and after school hours as well.
- If you arrive before 7:15 am, you need to hold onto your laptop because the buildings are not open. After 7:15 am, you should use your locker to secure your laptop if you don’t want to carry it around.
- Those of you who play tetherball in the morning or during recess and don’t want to use your locker, you have the option of having it locked in the bins with Mrs. Pacheco and Mr. Nordblom (on a first-come first-served basis). If the bins are full, you should not simply leave it on a table, a bench, near a friend, or on the ground unattended.
- If you eat breakfast and don’t’ want to lock it in your locker, please take your laptop bag into the dining hall with you and either place it on the back of your chair or on the seat next to you while you eat. Do not leave it somewhere else on campus!
- If you get “locked out” of your advisory’s big black box before lunch, bring it down to the dining hall and place it in the bins on stage.
- Band students, please enter from the Volcano side of the dining hall and place your laptops in the big bin labeled “BAND.”
- Afterschool, we are finding that many students are leaving their laptops all over the place unattended. Rather than risk an infraction, or worse yet, a missing laptop … keep it by your side as you wait for your ride. Those of you in afterschool sports, please follow the procedures laid out by your respective coaches.
Together, let’s go the entire year without losing a single laptop!
Up Coming Middle School Events:
• Valentine’s Carnation Sales outside of Mrs. Moran’s office. Send a Valentine’s message with a carnation to a friend, loved one, or teacher! All profits will go to Make a Wish Foundation of Hawaii
• Early Release at 1:45 pm on Wednesday, Feb. 5th
• No Hula and ‘Ukulele After School classes on Feb. 5th due to early release
• Drama Rehearsal on Wednesday 3:30-5:30
• ‘Oi Kelakela shirts and Upload on Friday, Feb. 7th
- Track parent meeting is postponed to Wednesday (2/5/14) at 5:15 pm over at the track – track athletes, please let your parents know
- Boys 14&U Basketball game tomorrow at 5:00 pm at Piihonua
- Girls Basketball game on Thursday at 5:00 pm at Hilo Armory
• Boys Soccer BIIF Qtr.-Finals vs. Makua Lani on Tuesday at 3:00 pm at our Pai’ea Stadium
I lā maikaʻi!