Mai Hawai‘i nui o Keawe a i ka mole ʻo Lehua… aloha nui iā kākou a pau, A-LO-HA!
‘O ka lā iwakāluakūmāwalu kēia o ‘Aukake
He Pōʻahā kēia
He lā ʻehiku
Today is Thursday, August 28, a Day 7 (modified)
Lunch today is: Chicken Fajitas
Dance Schedule (Day 7)
|7:45 – 8:45||Period 7|
|8:50 – 9:50||Period 1|
|10:10 –11:10||Period 3|
|11:15 –12:15||Period 5Take bags to advisory before going to lunch|
|12:20 – 1:00||Lunch|
|1:05 – 2:50||Dance (at Gym)|
Bokashi Hui– Please meet by the garden beds today during recess, after you get your snack
If you love Ke Akua, want to be spiritual leaders of our kula, and wish to help out at chapel, join the Deputation Team! We meet Thursdays during lunch. Questions? Talk to Pono Yanagi, Kennedy Tabura, Kahu Gaymond, or Kahu Ruth. See Kahu Gaymond at lunch today!
INSTAGRAM, TUMBLR, ETC.
Students should not be accessing any social media site during class time without permission of the teacher. Our Kula Waena utilizes LAN School, which is a special program where teachers, administrators, etc. can see exactly what each laptop is doing at any time. Please do not “chance it” … students have already been caught for this type of infraction.
Baseline concussion testing for all middle school volleyball players with be Thursday, September 4 at Kekuʻiapoiwa (high school learning center). Check-in is at 3:30pm. The test consists of two portions that will last approximately 45 minutes to an hour total. Volleyball coaches can verify if a student needs a concussion baseline test as well as other pre-participation requirements. Parents and students may also contact an athletic trainer for further clarification (982-0632). The next baseline concussion test is scheduled for November.
Afterschool Hula Intersession:
For sign ups and more information, please see Kumu Kimo.
For 7th and 8th graders:
If you want to take a new id picture, you can come to the computer lab before school, recess or at lunch recess to get this done. Last day for new pictures will be today. ID’s will be printed and distributed on Friday.
‘Oi Kelakela Contest
Show your spirit in one of two ways ..
- As an advisory …Think of a catchy name and logo and submit it to Mr. Chow by tomorrow for 250 advisory and grade level spirit points (125 points for the name and 125 pts for the logo – artwork must be submitted).
- As an individual …Think of a catchy name for our ‘Oi Kelakela “House Cup” type of challenge. Submit it to Mr. Chow tomorrow and earn advisory and grade level spirit points, as well as special treats for the top three individuals. Voting will be done by students as well as a committee of teachers.
MS Girls Volleyball
- Girls volleyball practice is cancelled today! Practice will begin next Tuesday from 3:30 to 5:30 pm. Only those who complete all athletic paperwork will be allowed to practice. Please see Mr. Kaaa if you have questions.
MS Cross Country
- Cross Country will begin on September 4th, 3:30 to 5:30.
Interested in signing your child up for the ALEKS?
What is ALEKS?
From the aleks.com website:
Assessment and LEarning in Knowledge Spaces (ALEKS) is a Web-based, artificially intelligent assessment and learning system. ALEKS uses adaptive questioning to quickly and accurately determine exactly what a student knows and doesn’t know in a course. ALEKS then instructs the student on the topics she is most ready to learn. As a student works through a course, ALEKS periodically reassesses the student to ensure that topics learned are also retained. ALEKS courses are very complete in their topic coverage and ALEKS avoids multiple-choice questions. A student who shows a high level of mastery of an ALEKS course will be successful in the actual course she is taking.
For more information, visit the ALEKS website at aleks.com
If you are interested in signing your child up for ALEKS, please click the link below:
- No School on Friday, 8/29 – Teacher In-Service day
- No School on Monday, 9/1 – Labor Day Holiday
I lā maikaʻi!