Mai Hawai‘i nui o Keawe a i ka mole ʻo Lehua… A-LO-HA
‘O ka lā iwakaluakūmākahi kēia o ʻOkakopa
He Poʻalima kēia
He lā ‘ewalu (ʻeono)
HELLO FRIDAY, October 21, Day 8 (6)
Lunch today: Pork Adobo, Steamed Rice, Vegetable sari-sari, Sandwich, Chilled fruits, Milk/Water
Special beverages (10 coupons each) will be available at lunch during the last week of the trimester (today and all next week) in the dining hall.
E ho’omaika’i e Braedy Yamada for winning 50 ‘Oi Kelakela dollars and 500 ‘Apu Lanakila points for Mrs. Hara’s advisory. He successfully found Thursday’s hidden book How to Make Frightening Halloween Decorations by Catherine Ipcizade.Today’s book challenge is pictured below. It’s definitely creepy and sinister, and a “BEST OF THE BEST!” (hint, hint) Be the first to find it and win 50 ‘Oi Kelakela dollars and 500 ‘Apu Lanakila points! Happy searching!
CRBLC ‘Okakopa/Nowemapa Incentive Activities:
Earn extra ‘Apu Lanakila points by clicking on the link and completing the CRBLC Incentive Activities. Points earned prior to Friday, 10/28/16, will count towards 1st trimester. The standings are close, so come on down and help your advisory and grade level jump in the lead before the final points are tallied.
CRBLC Movie of the Week:
In the spirit of Halloween, now showing in CRBLC is Goosebumps; a movie based on the best-selling middle-grade horror novels by R.L. Stine. Come on over and enjoy the show!
- Students who do not have their detention folders completely finished* by Thursday morning (10/27/16) will need to report to the middle school office instead of reporting to Pāʻina Day activities (waterslides, etc.) We will be working in the māla, so students may want to think about bringing in a change of clothes/shoes.
- Students who STILL do not have their detention folders completely finished by Thursday afternoon will need to report to the middle school office on Friday 10/28/16 to work at a mandatory work day in the middle school māla. Transportation to/from school as well as lunch on this mandatory Friday workday in the māla is the responsibility of the student (school bus service and lunch are not available for middle school students on Friday.) The Friday workday will run from 7:45 pm to 2:45 pm.
* Note: A “COMPLETELY FINISHED” detention folder includes parent/guardian signature, daily initials for time served, and a post-detention conference held as evidenced by Mr. Chowʻs signature.
Middle School Sports:
Volleyball – See schedule at – october-game-and-practice-schedule
Students wanting to participate in judo, soccer, basketball, and wrestling must have a current concussion baseline test to participate. Testing will be done at Kekuʻiapoiwa (high school learning center); a check-in table will be inside. Testing will be done in small groups. Appointments are not necessary and students may check-in at any time during the times listed. The test is a non-invasive computer exam that takes approximately 30 minutes to complete. Sixth and seventh graders need a new test. Eighth graders that have never taken the test before also need a baseline test. Students that have already taken a test for this school year do not need to take it again. Contact an athletic trainer for questions (982-0632 or email@example.com).
The upcoming test dates and times are:
- Tuesday, November 1 beginning at 3-4:30pm
- Wednesday, November 9 beginning at 2-3:30pm
~ 1st Trimester ends Thursday, October 27th
~ No school!! Friday, October 28th – Teacher Work Day
I lā maikaʻi!