E nā koa wiwoʻole o Kamehameha, aloha pumehana iā kākou
‘O ka lā iwakāluakūmāono kēia o‘Aukake
He Pōʻalua kēia.
He lā ʻelima
Today is Tuesday, August 26, a Day 5
Lunch today is: Baked Fish
Students are allowed to bring water bottles to school and may keep them filled with water to help them stay hydrated. Due to the abuse of bottle privileges by students (bottles filled with juice, soda, sports drinks, even coffee!) ALL water bottles must be CLEAR so that staff members can see the contents of the bottle at a glance.
Just a reminder that the use of cell phones during the school day is not allowed, unless special permission has been granted by a staff member. Your phones may be used at the bus ramp prior to 7:45 am and after 2:50 pm (1:45 pm Wednesdays) for COMMUNICATION purposes only with parents, coaches, etc. provided that you let a staff member at the bus ramp know your intentions.
For sign ups and more information, please see Kumu Kimo.
For 7th and 8th graders:
‘Oi Kelakela Contest
Show your spirit in one of two ways ..
- As an advisory …Think of a catchy name and logo and submit it to Mr. Chow by Friday 8/29/14 for 250 advisory and grade level spirit points (125 pts for the name and 125 pts for the logo – artwork must be submitted).
- As an individual …Think of a catchy name for our ‘Oi Kelakela “House Cup” type of challenge. Submit it to Mr. Chow by Friday 8/29/14 and earn advisory and grade level spirit points, as well as special treats for the top three individuals. Voting will be done by students as well as a committee of teachers.
ASKMS 6th grade Delegates – essays due on Wednesday, Aug. 27, to Mrs. Ah Chong.
- Girls volleyball practice will begin on Thursday, August 28, 3:30 to 5:30 pm. Only those who complete all athletic paperwork will be allowed to practice. Please see Mr. Kaaa if you have questions.
- Welcome Back Dance – Thursday, 8/28, after lunch in the gym – free dress (please be appropriate in choices)
- No School on Friday, 8/29 – Teacher In-Service day
I lā maikaʻi!