Mai Hawai‘i nui o Keawe a i ka mole ʻo Lehua… aloha nui iā kākou a pau, A-LO-HA!
‘O ka lā iwakāluakūmālua kēia o ʻAukake
He Poʻahā kēia
He lā ʻeono
Today is Thursday, August 22, Day 6
Lunch today: Spaghetti w/ meat sauce
Breakfast tomorrow: Waffles w/ link sausage
ALL-YOU-CAN-EAT ICE CREAM PARTY!
E hoʻomaikaʻi to the ten haumāna who participated in a reading program this summer. Please report to Mrs. Lee’s room during morning break this Friday to celebrate.
ʻApu Lanakila standings can be found at the following link:
ʻOi Kelakela coupons may be redeemed at the current exchange rate of 1 coupon = 10 ʻApu Lanakila points!
A recent redemption by Mr. Petnerʻs advisory has thrust them into the very top spot for all three grade levels at 11,400 points, and now the 7th graders trail the 6th graders by the slightest of margins: 84,500 points to 84,400 points! 8th graders are not far behind at 83,500 points … ʻcʻmon Nā ʻIʻiwi!
Donʻt forget to submit your advisoryʻs name and artwork to Mrs. Cordeiro by 08/23/19. Posters and banners will be going up SOON!
CRBLC Lego Wall Challenge
Kōkua with the final stages of constructing our Lego maze and earn the advantage of checking out the course before the official races. A Google sign up will be posted here next week. Enter for a chance to win prizes!
Today’s Borrow Me! DVD – Humor
Mr. Popper’s Penguins – “Tom Popper is a successful businessman who’s clueless when it comes to the really important things in life. Until he inherits six ‘adorable’ penguins, each with its own unique personality. Soon Tom’s rambunctious roommates turn his swank New York apartment into a snowy winter wonderland, and the rest of his world upside-down.” (Follett)
*Borrow the book, Mr. Popper’s Penguins, too!
CRBLC Books-to-Film Showing of the Week – Diary of a Wimpy Kid 1, 2, 3, & 4
Sign up for Middle School Cross Country! Use this link!
See Mrs. Thompson with any questions.
Remind App – sign up to receive Kula Waena reminders
– if you signed up last year, you need to sign up again for the new year
– please note that each grade level has their own link
– see links for details:
Grade 6 – remind.com/join/kulawaena
Grade 7 – remind.com/join/kulawaena7
Grade 8 – remind.com/join/kulawaena8
Girls and Boys Volleyball
- Check School Email to see if you are cleared to play or if you have any missing requirements.
- Attending First Practices – Monday, August 19 & Thursday, August 22 – Meet at the gym tables after school. See Mrs. Pacheco and tell her your name (she is taking attendance). Change into your practice attire, shorts, t-shirt, gym shoes. Wait at tables for further instructions from Coach Kyle.
- Taking theConcussion Test – Monday, August 19 & Thursday, August 22 – Meet at the gym tables after school. See Mrs. Pacheco and tell her your name (she is taking attendance). Wait at tables for further instructions from Coach Kyle. After you are done with the concussion test you may attend practice.
- For current information see the VolleyballWebsite: https://sites.google.com/ksbe.edu/ksmvb/home or see Coach Kaaa.
Welcome Back Dance – Aug. 30 – please take the following survey to help us plan activities at the dance – https://forms.gle/YFqZDz2rEqudpBrW7
I lā maikaʻi!