E ke kula waena ʻo Kamehameha… aloha nui iā kākou a pau, A-LO-HA!
‘O ka lā ʻumikūmāiwa kēia o ʻAukake
He Poʻakahi kēia
He lā ʻekolu
Today is Monday, August 19, Day 3
Lunch today: Hot Dogs w/ Buns
Want to Kōkua at THE ZONE?
Fill out and submit this Barista Job Application by 3 pm on Poʻakolu, 21 ʻAukake. Only serious applicants need apply. Mahalo!
Kāinoa ma CRBLC
Library lunch recess sign up link is here.
CRBLC Lego Wall Challenge
Kōkua with the final stages of constructing our Lego maze and earn the advantage of checking out the course before the official races. A Google sign up will be posted here next week. Enter for a chance to win prizes!
Today’s Borrow Me! Book – Fantasy
Spark by Sarah Beth Durst – “Storm beasts and their guardians create perfect weather every day, and Mina longs for a storm beast of her own. But when the gentle girl bonds with a lightning beast—a creature of fire and chaos—everyone’s certain it’s a mistake. Everyone but Mina and the beast himself, Pixit. Quickly enrolled in lightning school, Mina struggles to master a guardian’s skills, and she discovers that her country’s weather comes at a devastating cost—a cost powerful people wish to hide. Mina’s never been the type to speak out, but someone has to tell the truth, and, with Pixit’s help, she resolves to find a way to be heard.” (Amazon.com)
CRBLC Books-to-Film Showing of the Week – Diary of a Wimpy Kid 1, 2, 3, & 4
Sign up for Middle School Cross Country! Use this link!
See Mrs. Thompson with any questions.
Remind App – sign up to receive Kula Waena reminders
– if you signed up last year, you need to sign up again for the new year
– please note that each grade level has their own link
– see links for details:
Grade 6 – remind.com/join/kulawaena
Grade 7 – remind.com/join/kulawaena7
Grade 8 – remind.com/join/kulawaena8
Girls and Boys Volleyball
- Check School Email to see if you are cleared to play or if you have any missing requirements.
- Attending First Practices – Monday, August 19 & Thursday, August 22 – Meet at the gym tables after school. See Mrs. Pacheco and tell her your name (she is taking attendance). Change into your practice attire, shorts, t-shirt, gym shoes. Wait at tables for further instructions from Coach Kyle.
- Taking theConcussion Test – Monday, August 19 & Thursday, August 22 – Meet at the gym tables after school. See Mrs. Pacheco and tell her your name (she is taking attendance). Wait at tables for further instructions from Coach Kyle. After you are done with the concussion test you may attend practice.
- For current information see the VolleyballWebsite: https://sites.google.com/ksbe.edu/ksmvb/home or see Coach Kaaa.
Welcome Back Dance – Aug. 30 – please take the following survey to help us plan activities at the dance – https://forms.gle/YFqZDz2rEqudpBrW7
I lā maikaʻi!