E ke poʻokumu, nā kākoʻo, nā kumu a me nā haumāna… A-LO-HA!
‘O ka lā iwakāluakūmāwalu kēia o ‘Aukake
He Pōʻalua kēia
He la ʻelua
Today is Tuesday, August 28, Day 2
Lunch Today: Baked Fish
Breakfast tomorrow: Fried Rice
6th Grade – ASKMS Officer packets due date is extended to Thursday, Aug. 30th. Please return them to
Mrs. Ah Chong or to the office.
Hana Kūpono Challenge:
Hiki nō – Can, Can do!
WANT TO WORK AT THE ZONE?
THE ZONE, our library café, is looking for responsible, friendly, and self-motivated baristas to work in Kepakemapa and/or ‘Okakopa. Open this link to access the online application. It is due by 3pm on Poʻakolu, 29 ‘Aukake. Only serious applicants need apply, ke ʻoluʻolu.
KĀINOA MA CRBLC!
Want to spend lunch recess at CRBLC? Follow these six steps:
- Access this link each morning.
- Submit the Google form by morning break.
- Take your kamepiula, kelepona, puke, and/or haʻawina to lunch.
- Go to the CRBLC lunch line on your assigned side of Hāʻaeamahi.
- Enter, initial next to your inoa on the clipboard, leave items at your pākaukau, make your lunch, clean up, and wait to be dismissed.
- Remain at CRBLC for the entire recess.
So hele mai and see you at CRBLC!
Borrow Me Today at CRBLC!
Enrique’s Journey by Sonia Nazario
“Enrique’s Journey recounts the unforgettable quest of a Honduran boy looking for his mother, eleven years after she is forced to leave her starving family to find work in the United States. Braving unimaginable peril, often clinging to the sides and tops of freight trains, Enrique travels through hostile worlds full of thugs, bandits, and corrupt cops. But he pushes forward, relying on his wit, courage, hope, and the kindness of strangers.” (Amazon.com)
Earn ʻOi Kelakela dollars for borrowing this puke. Earn bonus ʻOK dollars for book talking it with Mrs. Helm.
“Growing up in Greenville, Texas, Bart Millard suffers physical and emotional abuse at the hands of his father, Arthur. When Arthur becomes terminally ill, he finds redemption by embracing his faith and rediscovering his love for his son. Years later, Bart’s troubled childhood and mended relationship with his dad inspires him to write the hit song ʻI Can Only Imagineʻ as singer of the Christian band MercyMe.”(directv.com)
MIDDLE SCHOOL SPORTS:
First practice will be on Thursday, Aug. 30th
TIME: 3:30PM – 5:30PM
WHERE: Meet at LA’AMEA GYM
Teams are currently being formed and all students who signed up and want to play, must attend at least one practice by Thursday (8/30) to be included on a team.
Click on the link below to view the August and September Practice/Game Schedule
Click on the link below to view current information on the KMS Volleyball website
- Welcome Back Dance – Rescheduled for this Thursday, Aug. 30th, 1:15-2:35 in Hāʻaeamahi Dining Hall – you can wear black and white attire to school. Please be appropriate with your choices.
- Picture Taking- rescheduled for September 10th! It is a Day 1, but you must wear your uniform to school for picture taking – no ʻoi kelakela shirts. Please be sure to order pictures online or bring your packets with you on picture day.
What did the pencil sharpener say to the pencil?
I lā maikaʻi!