Mai Hawai‘i nui o Keawe a i ka mole ʻo Lehua… A-LO-HA!
‘O ka lā iwakālua kēia o Mei
He Po‘alima kēia
He lā ‘elima
Today is Friday, May 20, Day 5
Lunch today: Kalua Pork with Cabbage
Last day to return – TODAY
Students with outstanding detention at the end of the day on our last day of school (Thursday 5/26/16) will be required to return to school on Friday 5/27/16 for a mandatory session. Transportation to/from school as well as lunch on Friday 5/27/17 are the responsibilities of the student.
|ATHLETIC BASELINE CONCUSSION TESTING FOR SY 2016-2017|
|Athletic Baseline Concussion Testing for SY 2016-2017To participate in high-risk sports (football, cheerleading, diving, volleyball, soccer, basketball, wrestling, water polo, baseball, softball, judo, and track & field (pole vault and high jumpers)), middle and high school students need to take a baseline concussion test. Testing will be done at Kekuʻiapoiwa (high school learning center); a check-in table will be inside. Testing will be done in small groups. Appointments are not necessary and students may check-in at any time during the times listed. The test is a non-invasive computer exam that takes approximately 30 minutes to complete. Our elementary and middle school students should have an adult present as supervision will be minimal.The test dates and times for the upcoming school year are:
•Saturday, May 21 (9:00am-1:00pm)
•Monday, July 25 (2:00-5:00pm)
•August (date and time to be determined)Students that should plan on taking a baseline test are:
•Any student interested in participating in a high-risk sport for KSH that has not previously done so
•Incoming 6th, 7th, 9th, and 11th grade students planning on participating in a high risk sport, regardless if they have previously taken a baseline test
•Any student that has been diagnosed with a concussion since their last baseline testFor questions or clarification, please contact an athletic trainer at 982-0632 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- May 23 & 24 Laptop Roll-In – All laptops and components will be inspected and collected. Missing items will have to be paid for. Laptop damage will be recorded and might result in a fine or summer work obligation. For any questions please come to the Kula Waena HPK or email Mr. Nordblom for any questions.
- Monday, May 23 – Career Day and Lei Pāpahi Rehearsal
- Tuesday, May 24 – Grade 6 Greek Day, Grade 7 Hilo One, Grade 8 Mokuola
- Wednesday, May 25 – Grade 6 Biathlon, Grade 7 Nohona Day, Grade 8 EOY Celebration
- Thursday, May 26 – Last Day of School – Lei Pāpahi, Awards Assembly, Pāʻina
I lā maikaʻi!