E ke poʻokumu, nā kākoʻo, nā kumu a me nā haumāna… welina mai kākou
‘O ka lā iwakālua kēia o ʻOkakopa
He Poʻalua kēia
He lā ‘eono
Today is Tuesday, October 20 , Day 6
Lunch today: Turkey Ala King
Have you ever wondered what you are going to do after you graduate from high school? Although that time is still a number of years away for you, it is never too early to start preparing for it. It is never too early to start thinking about what it will take to be ready for college. Are you interested in any of the following topics?
- University/College Admissions
- Cost of Attendance for a University/College
- Investigating Scholarship Opportunities
- Preparing for a College Entrance Exam
If so, please stop by the office before the end of the day on Tuesday 10/20/15 to indicate your interest.
10/19 to 10/23: Ice Cream treats will be available for 5 coupons at lunch (while supplies last)
10/26 and 10/27: Hu’ina Pizza Luncheons and Open Tetherball Time (reservations for 20 coupons each person need to made through Mr. Chow prior to 10/23)
10/29 Big Run & Pa’ina Day Celebration: Saimin will be available for 10 coupons (while supplies last)
In addition, some grade levels may be having grade level specific incentives with additional opportunities to “spend” your coupons. Your coupons can also be redeemed for ‘Apu Lanakila points at the exchange rate of 10 points per coupon. Points will go towards your advisory AND your grade level. C’mon students! Demonstrate KULEANA ,ALOHA, and MAHALO to earn those coupons. Then decide whether to “spend” them on something for yourself or “exchange” them for ‘Apu Lanakila points!
Middle School Sports:
Girls Volleyball: practice on Mondays and Thursdays, 3:30 – 5:30 pm in Laʻamea Gym. See October game schedule: Oct 2015 Girls Volleyball P&R Sched
Boys Basketball: practice on Wednesdays and Fridays at Laʻamea Gym from 3:30-5:15.
Cross Country: Two meets coming up on: Oct. 24, Saturday at Bayfront – 4pm and
Oct. 27, Tuesday at CLA – 4pm
Upcoming Events Next Week:
- Today – Recycling during advisory
- Wednesday, 10/21 – Early Release for K-12 – all buses to leave at 1:45
- Wednesday, 10/21 – Band Rehearsal for 7th/8th Grade Band and Percussion Ensemble from 3:30-5:30
- Wednesday, 10/21 – “Parenting in the Digital Age” 6:00-7:30 pm in Hāʻaeamahi Dining Hall for parents & caregivers only (see emailed flyer or flyer that was sent home)
- Thursday, 10/22 – Chapel – wear special events attire (white polos, boys in pants and girls in skirts)
- Friday, 10/23 – Flu shots
I lā maikaʻi!