E ke poʻokumu, nā kākoʻo, nā kumu a me nā haumāna… welina mai me ke aloha!
‘O ka lā ‘umikūmāwalu kēia o Mei
He Pōʻakahi kēia
He lā ʻelua
Today is Monday, May 18, a Day 2
Lunch today: Chicken Long Rice
- Distribution of yearbooks on Monday 5/18/15
- Grade level huaka’i participation during the week of/18/15
- Participation in other grade level activities (class parties/celebrations, Nohona Day, etc.) during the week of 5/18/15
- Pa’ina Day celebration on 5/22/15
The spring training session for 8th grade girls interested in playing high school volleyball has been moved to Monday, May 18 in Laamea gym from 3:15 to 5:15 pm. Information about tryouts and expectations will be reviewed. Workout attire (court shoes, shorts and t-shirt) and a great attitude is required. Please see Mr. Kaaa if you have any questions.
Baseline Concussion Testing for SY 2015-12016To participate in high risks sports, all students need to take a baseline concussion test. The test dates for the upcoming school year are:
- Tuesday, May 19 (3:30pm start, last group begins no later than 6:15pm)
- Tuesday, June 30 (8:00am start, last group begins no later than 3:45pm)
- Tuesday, July 28 (10:00am start, last group begins no later than 1:15pm)
- Tuesday, July 28 (4:00pm start, last group begins no later than 5:15pm)
- Thursday, August 13 (3:30pm start, last group begins no later than 6:15pm)
Testing will be done at Kekuʻiapoiwa (high school learning center); there will be a check-in table outside. Testing will be done in groups of 25; first come, first served. The test is a non-invasive computer exam that takes approximately 30 minutes to complete.
Students participating in the following high-risk sports must have a valid baseline concussion test score prior to participation: football, volleyball, soccer, basketball, wrestling, water polo, baseball, softball, judo, pole vault (track & field), and high jump (track and field).
Students that should plan on taking a baseline test are:
- Any student interested in participating in a high-risk sport for KSH that has not previously done so
- Incoming SIXTH, SEVENTH, NINTH, and ELEVENTH grade students planning on participating in a high risk sport, regardless if they have previously taken a baselinetest
- Any student that has been diagnosed with a concussion since their last baseline test
Any transfer student that has previously taken a baseline test at another school needs to check in with a KSH athletic trainer.
For questions or clarification, please contact an athletic trainer at 982-0632 or email email@example.com.
- Computer roll-in today – have all items ready to be turned in
- Last Day of School on Friday, May 22 – Lei Pāpahi, Awards Assembly and Pāʻina – wear special events attire and bring swim wear, towel, slippers and change of clothes.
I lā maikaʻi!