E ke kula waena ʻo Kamehameha… welina mai me ke aloha!
‘O ka lā ‘umikūmālima kēia o Mei
He Pōʻalima kēia
He lā ʻekahi
Today is Friday, May 15, a Day 1
Lunch today: Soft Taco
- Distribution of yearbooks on Monday 5/18/15
- Grade level huaka’i participation during the week of/18/15
- Participation in other grade level activities (class parties/celebrations, Nohona Day, etc.) during the week of 5/18/15
- Pa’ina Day celebration on 5/22/15
CRBLC End -of-Year Notice
- Circulation is now closed. You may no longer borrow any books.
- All library materials are due no later than Friday, May 15, 2015. If you do not return your items by this date, you may incur a lost book fee. If your book is long overdue, you may also have an overdue fee even if you return your book.
- If books are not returned or fines are not paid by May 15, you may have your yearbook or your schedules withheld.
- Any fines $25 or over will be sent to the Business Office if not paid on time.
- 1 student in an advisory with NO DETENTIONS = 10,000 points!
- 3 students in an advisory with NO DETENTIONS = 30,000 points!
- 6 students in an advisory with NO DETENTIONS = 60,000 points! etc…
The spring training session for 8th grade girls interested in playing high school volleyball has been moved to Monday, May 18 in Laamea gym from 3:15 to 5:15 pm. Information about tryouts and expectations will be reviewed. Workout attire (court shoes, shorts and t-shirt) and a great attitude is required. Please see Mr. Kaaa if you have any questions.
Baseline Concussion Testing for SY 2015-12016To participate in high risks sports, all students need to take a baseline concussion test. The test dates for the upcoming school year are:
- Tuesday, May 19 (3:30pm start, last group begins no later than 6:15pm)
- Tuesday, June 30 (8:00am start, last group begins no later than 3:45pm)
- Tuesday, July 28 (10:00am start, last group begins no later than 1:15pm)
- Tuesday, July 28 (4:00pm start, last group begins no later than 5:15pm)
- Thursday, August 13 (3:30pm start, last group begins no later than 6:15pm)
Testing will be done at Kekuʻiapoiwa (high school learning center); there will be a check-in table outside. Testing will be done in groups of 25; first come, first served. The test is a non-invasive computer exam that takes approximately 30 minutes to complete.
Students participating in the following high-risk sports must have a valid baseline concussion test score prior to participation: football, volleyball, soccer, basketball, wrestling, water polo, baseball, softball, judo, pole vault (track & field), and high jump (track and field).
Students that should plan on taking a baseline test are:
- Any student interested in participating in a high-risk sport for KSH that has not previously done so
- Incoming SIXTH, SEVENTH, NINTH, and ELEVENTH grade students planning on participating in a high risk sport, regardless if they have previously taken a baselinetest
- Any student that has been diagnosed with a concussion since their last baseline test
Any transfer student that has previously taken a baseline test at another school needs to check in with a KSH athletic trainer.
For questions or clarification, please contact an athletic trainer at 982-0632 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All obligations due today – textbooks, library books and fines, athletic uniforms, etc.
- Computer roll-in on Monday, May 18 – have all items ready to be turned in
- K-12 Art Show April 10 – May 15 in MS Art Gallery, open from 3-5 M-F
I lā maikaʻi!