E ke poʻokumu, nā kākoʻo, nā kumu a me nā haumāna… aloha mai kākou
‘O ka lā kanakolu kēia o ʻApelila
He Pōʻahā kēia
He lā ʻehiku
Today is Thursday, April 30, a Day 7
Lunch today: Hawaiian Food
Grade 8 Summer Get Together – please take the following survey to share your thoughts and ideas – fill it out in Google Forms
Charles Reed Bishop Learning Center end-of-year notice
Wednesday, May 6– Last day of circulation. The library will not circulate any materials after this date!
Friday, May 15
- Last day to return all library materials. Anything not returned by this date will be considered lost.
- All fines must be paid. There is no carry-over of library fines to the next school year. The consequence of not paying your fines will be the withholding of your yearbook.
- Any balance of $25.00 or over will be sent to the business office.
Please be mindful of your kuleana and clear your accounts by May 15.
- Snack area during recess
- Ha’aeamahi stage during lunch
- Mr. Chow’s office
Students in the class of 2020 and 2019 are invited to audition for an upcoming KS production telling the story of Hina and Kapepe`ekauila of Moloka`i, to be performed at the American High School Theatre Festival in Edinburgh, Scotland in August of 2016. Auditions will be held Wednesday, May 6th from 2:00-3:15. Pick up at the high school choral room at 3:30. Attend a mini info session and get your audition form during morning recess April 30 in Mrs. Ahunaʻs room. All audition forms are due to Mrs. Ahuna by Monday, May 4th.
Congratulations to the advisories of Kumu Kainoa Bowman, Kumu Ipo Wright, and Kumu Clinton Alexander! Remember to check out the ‘Apu Lanakila Leaderboard at https://sites.google.com/a/ksbe.edu/apulanakila/home. Starting this week, each advisory that finishes the week with no infractions will get enhanced bonus points added onto their total for our ‘Apu Lanakila challenge. This “Enhancement” refers to the increasing higher stakes as the school year draws near to an end:
- Week of 4/27/15 No Infraction Bonus = 9000 pts
- Week of 5/04/15 No Infraction Bonus = 10,000 pts
- Week of 5/11/15 No Infraction Bonus = 20,000 pts
- May Day program on Friday, May 1 at 10:00 a.m. in Laʻamea Gym – please dress in Aloha Attire
- K-12 Art Show April 10 – May 15 in MS Art Gallery, open from 3-5 M-F
- Lupus Awareness Week May 4-8 – ASKMS will be selling purple bracelets for $1. Purchase a bracelet and wear purple on Friday, May 8. All donations will go the Hawaiʻi Arthritis Foundation. More information will be given at lunch.
I lā maikaʻi!