E ko Kamehameha Hawaiʻi ma ke kula waena nei… aloha mai kākou
‘O ka lā iwakāluakūmāwalu kēia o ʻApelila
He Pōʻalua kēia
He lā ʻelima
Today is Tuesday, April 28, a Day 5
Lunch today: Turkey Ala King
Charles Reed Bishop Learning Center end-of-year notice
Wednesday, May 6– Last day of circulation. The library will not circulate any materials after this date!
Friday, May 15
- Last day to return all library materials. Anything not returned by this date will be considered lost.
- All fines must be paid. There is no carry-over of library fines to the next school year. The consequence of not paying your fines will be the withholding of your yearbook.
- Any balance of $25.00 or over will be sent to the business office.
Please be mindful of your kuleana and clear your accounts by May 15.
- Snack area during recess
- Ha’aeamahi stage during lunch
- Mr. Chow’s office
Students in the class of 2020 and 2019 are invited to audition for an upcoming KS production telling the story of Hina and Kapepe`ekauila of Moloka`i, to be performed at the American High School Theatre Festival in Edinburgh, Scotland in August of 2016. Auditions will be held Wednesday, May 6th from 2:00-3:15. Pick up at the high school choral room at 3:30. Attend a mini info session and get your audition form during morning recess April 30 in Mrs. Ahunaʻs room. All audition forms are due to Mrs. Ahuna by Monday, May 4th.
Attention 8th Graders – We will be having a High School Football Informational meeting on Wednesday, April 29th from 6:30 -8:00pm for the parents (and students) of all 8th Graders who are interested in playing High School Football in the 2015 season. The meeting will be held at William Charles Bishop Lunalilo Hale.
Topics to be addressed:
Coaching Staff and Contact Information
Pre-Season Football Schedule
*Question and Answers
I hope that you are all able to attend. I look forward to meeting all of you at this informational meeting. I believe it will be an excellent opportunity to introduce our football program to you and to address any questions or concerns that you might have.
~ Coach Lyons
Congratulations to the advisories of Kumu Kainoa Bowman, Kumu Ipo Wright, and Kumu Clinton Alexander! Remember to check out the ‘Apu Lanakila Leaderboard at https://sites.google.com/a/ksbe.edu/apulanakila/home. Starting this week, each advisory that finishes the week with no infractions will get enhanced bonus points added onto their total for our ‘Apu Lanakila challenge. This “Enhancement” refers to the increasing higher stakes as the school year draws near to an end:
- Week of 4/27/15 No Infraction Bonus = 9000 pts
- Week of 5/04/15 No Infraction Bonus = 10,000 pts
- Week of 5/11/15 No Infraction Bonus = 20,000 pts
- Band Rehearsal – Wednesday, 4/29, 3:30-5:30
- May Day program on Friday, May 1 at 10:00 a.m. in Laʻamea Gym
- K-12 Art Show April 10 – May 15 in MS Art Gallery, open from 3-5 M-F
I lā maikaʻi!