E ke kula waena ʻo Kamehameha… aloha mai kākou
‘O ka lā iwakāluakūmākahi kēia o ʻApelila
He Pōʻalua kēia
He lā ʻewalu
Today is Tuesday, April 21, a Day 8(6)
Lunch today: Pulled Pork w/ Gravy
Students in the class of 2020 and 2019 – are invited to audition for an upcoming KS production to be performed at the American High School Theatre Festival in Edinburgh, Scotland. Kamehameha Schools Hawai`i – Kula Ki`eki`e has been invited to participate in the festival along with another estimated 50 high schools from across North America in August of the 2016-2017 school year. The show will be cast May of 2015. Attend a mini info session and get your audition form during morning recess April 27th – 29th in Mrs. Ahunaʻs room.
Attention 8th Graders – please complete the following survey to leave your advice for the incoming middle schoolers. http://goo.gl/forms/Gzg1Lm0IGH
Wednesday 4/22/15 – the full session will run from 1:45 – 5:30 pm.
Congratulations to the advisories of Kumu Cary Masuko, Kumu Ipo Wright, and Kumu Clinton Alexander! Remember to check out the ‘Apu Lanakila Leaderboard at https://sites.google.com/a/ksbe.edu/apulanakila/home. Starting this week, each advisory that finishes the week with no infractions will get enhanced bonus points added onto their total for our ‘Apu Lanakila challenge. This “Enhancement” refers to the increasing higher stakes as the school year draws near to an end:
- Week of 4/20/15 No Infraction Bonus = 8000 pts
- Week of 4/27/15 No Infraction Bonus = 9000 pts
- Week of 5/04/15 No Infraction Bonus = 10,000 pts
- Week of 5/11/15 No Infraction Bonus = 20,000 pts
- Grade 7 Koa Planting Huakaʻi on April 20, 21, 23, 24
- ʻOi Kelakela shirts and Upload tomorrow, 4/22
- Band Rehearsal tomorrow, 4/22, from 3:30-5:30
- Grade 6 Newbery Quiz Bowl for qualified students at Hapuna on April 23
- Grade 8 Drama Class Oahu Huakaʻi on April 23-25
- Pentathlon Team Car Wash on Saturday, April 25, from 8:00-12:00 at Elem. Bus Ramp
- May Day program on Friday, May 1 at 10:00 a.m. in Laʻamea Gym
- K-12 Art Show April 10 – May 15 in MS Art Gallery, open from 3-5 M-F
I lā maikaʻi!