Mai Hawai‘i nui o Keawe a i ka mole ʻo Lehua… aloha mai kākou
‘O ka lā ʻewalu kēia o Kekemapa
He Pōʻakahi kēia.
He lā ʻelua
Today is Monday, December 8, a Day 2
Lunch today: Baked Fish
Ka ‘Umeke Laulima Jobs (In-School Tasks)
An advisory that decides to try for an in-school task needs to contact Mrs. Pacheco, who in turn will reach into her calabash of tasks and draw out a job that needs to be done. Mrs. Pacheco will inform the advisory of the job that was drawn for them and the amount of points that they can earn after successfully completing the task. The advisory will have 3 days to respond to her with:
- Ku’ikahi– agreement to take on the task*
- Huli kua– refusal to help
Successful completion of the job will earn the designated amount of points for that advisory. However, an advisory will be penalized the same number of points if:
- They respond with Huli kua– refusal to help
- The job is not completed satisfactorily or is left incomplete
Talk about this in your advisory and contact Mrs. Pacheco if you want to help out around campus … AND earn some points for your advisory at the same time.
* Although 100% participation by each advisory member is desirable, it is not mandatory to gain the points towards an advisory’s total.
Ka ‘Umeke Laulima Jobs (Community-Based Service)
The following jobs are available to any advisory that would like to sign up:
Salvation Army Angel Tree – Prince Kuhio Plaza
- Monday 12/8/14 (4:15 – 7:30 pm)
- Tuesday 12/9/14 (4:15 – 7:30 pm)
- Wednesday 12/10/14 (4:15 – 7:30 pm)
- Tuesday 12/16/14 (4:15 – 7:30 pm)
- Wednesday 12/17/14 (4:15 – 7:30 pm)
The table at the Plaza needs to staffed by 2 or 3 students and 1 adult (parent/guardian or advisor) at all times. The 3+ hour shift can be split up amongst advisory students and adults … or 2 students/1 adult can volunteer to cover the entire shift on their own.
This is always a fun activity to take part in during the Holidays and it’s also a great way for students* to gain points for their advisory! Contact Mrs. Pacheco ASAP to take advantage of this opportunity to be of service to others.
* Although 100% participation by each advisory member is desirable, it is not mandatory.
Students with outstanding detention hours must be aware that additional detention will be assigned for any hours that have not been completed by Founder’s Day. December is a shortened month, therefore all obligations must be fulfilled prior to our Christmas Break. Special arrangements can be made for before and afterschool sessions if you are running the risk of not being able to complete your hours by 12/19/14.
Meat Club – Canned Food Drive
Middle School Sports:
Boys Basketball: Practice for all players today in Laʻamea at 3:30.
- Recycling on Wednesday, 12/10, during advisory.
- Wear red, white and green on Friday, 12/12 – show your class spirit and earn points!
- Hawaiian Ensemble Christmas Concert on Saturday, 12/13, at 4:00 p.m. in WCLC.
I lā maikaʻi!