E ke kula waena ʻo Kamehameha… aloha mai kākou
‘O ka lā ʻehā kēia o Kekemapa
He Pōʻahā kēia.
He lā ʻewalu
Today is Thursday, December 4, a Day 8(6)
Lunch today: Shoyu Chicken
Deputation Team – please meet Kahu Gaymond at lunch today. After lunch you will be heading over to WCLC for chapel rehearsal.
Ka ‘Umeke Laulima Jobs (In-School Tasks)
An advisory that decides to try for an in-school task needs to contact Mrs. Pacheco, who in turn will reach into her calabash of tasks and draw out a job that needs to be done. Mrs. Pacheco will inform the advisory of the job that was drawn for them and the amount of points that they can earn after successfully completing the task. The advisory will have 3 days to respond to her with:
- Ku’ikahi– agreement to take on the task*
- Huli kua– refusal to help
Successful completion of the job will earn the designated amount of points for that advisory. However, an advisory will be penalized the same number of points if:
- They respond with Huli kua– refusal to help
- The job is not completed satisfactorily or is left incomplete
Talk about this in your advisory and contact Mrs. Pacheco if you want to help out around campus … AND earn some points for your advisory at the same time.
* Although 100% participation by each advisory member is desirable, it is not mandatory to gain the points towards an advisory’s total.
Ka ‘Umeke Laulima Jobs (Community-Based Service)
The following jobs are available to any advisory that would like to sign up:
Salvation Army Angel Tree – Prince Kuhio Plaza
- Monday 12/8/14 (4:15 – 7:30 pm)
- Tuesday 12/9/14 (4:15 – 7:30 pm)
- Wednesday 12/10/14 (4:15 – 7:30 pm)
- Tuesday 12/16/14 (4:15 – 7:30 pm)
- Wednesday 12/17/14 (4:15 – 7:30 pm)
The table at the Plaza needs to staffed by 2 or 3 students and 1 adult (parent/guardian or advisor) at all times. The 3+ hour shift can be split up amongst advisory students and adults … or 2 students/1 adult can volunteer to cover the entire shift on their own.
This is always a fun activity to take part in during the Holidays and it’s also a great way for students* to gain points for their advisory! Contact Mrs. Pacheco ASAP to take advantage of this opportunity to be of service to others.
* Although 100% participation by each advisory member is desirable, it is not mandatory.
ASPHALT BASKETBALL COURT
The outdoor asphalt-covered basketball courts near the MS bus ramp area is ready for our MSchoolers!
- Play is restricted to morning recess and afternoon recess ONLY.
- An adult must be present near the equipment bin and must grant permission to play.
- Students are NOT allowed to cross the street unless an adult is present near the equipment bin and has granted permission to cross.
- Adult supervisors reserve the right to restrict/prohibit play if they feel it is necessary.
- Students are responsible for returning basketballs to the equipment bin at the end of recess.
Have fun with the equipment that has been provided for you … and MAHALO for adhering to these guidelines.
Students with outstanding detention hours must be aware that additional detention will be assigned for any hours that have not been completed by Founder’s Day. December is a shortened month, therefore all obligations must be fulfilled prior to our Christmas Break. Special arrangements can be made for before and afterschool sessions if you are running the risk of not being able to complete your hours by 12/19/14.
Meat Club – Canned Food Drive
Can Food Drive Standings (as of Wednesday 12/3)
What would Christmas be without presents???
Many young children go without presents on Christmas.
We would like to be a part of changing that.
Beginning on Dec. 1st through Dec.5th, the Peer Counselors will be accepting $1 donations to purchase gifts for the less fortunate in our community.
This week only, during morning recess, donate just $1 to make a child’s Christmas wish come true.
With your donation, you will receive an angel to decorate with your name and add it to our schools very own lokomaikaʻi giving tree right here in our own Middle school.
Our Middle school tree will be posted outside the Middle school office. It will be built with the angels that YOU decorate from your $1 donation.
Please show your Christmas spirit and lokomaikaʻi by donating to our Lokomaikaʻi Angel Tree and support this awesome cause.
Middle School Sports:
Boys Basketball: Practice for all players on Friday in Laʻamea at 3:30.
- Chapel today at 2:05 in WCLC – please wear special events attire
- Band Christmas Concert tonight in WCLC at 6:00 p.m.
- ʻOi Kelakela shirts and Upload tomorrow, 12/5.
I lā maikaʻi!