Mai ka piʻina a ka lā i Haʻehaʻe, a i ka mole ʻolu ʻo Lehua, aloha mai kākou
‘O ka lā kanakolu kēia o Kepakemapa
He Pōʻalua kēia.
He lā ʻehā
Today is Tuesday, September 30, a Day 4
Lunch today: Shoyu Chicken
Papa ‘Eono Nohona Hawaiʻi Huakaʻi
Tuesday, September 30, 2014:
– In the morning, organize my labeled trash and duffel bags in the 6th grade foyer by my assigned advisory line
– Lock my laptop in my locker and leave my backpack on my locker
– I will only be reporting to period 6 & Wai Kaulele; the rest of the day is huakaʻi prep
Wednesday, October 1, 2014:
– Come to school dressed in my shorts/jeans/pants, P.E. shirt, and covered shoes. *Leave my laptop at home
– Bring my backpack with only the required items on my packing list. *Donʻt forget my lunch
– Pack one, gallon-sized Ziploc bag of non-perishable snacks
– Meet at the bus ramp at 7:40a
Cultural Exchange Opportunity:
If you are interested in traveling to Japan AND are able to host a student from Japan in your home, please see Mrs. Ah Chong at lunch today to get more information and an application. Application essays on why you would be a good ambassador will be due Oct. 2 and interviews will follow.
Picture Retakes on Oct. 2: Now that youʻve seen your pictures, if youʻd like to re-take, please be sure to bring your complete packet back with you on Oct. 2nd for re-takes (do not take any pictures out) . Any of you that were absent on picture day, you need to take your picture on Oct. 2nd as well.
Middle School Sports:
No practice on Tuesday (Sept. 30) this week because of games. Practice will resume on Thursday (Oct. 2) for all girls teams.
The next game is this Wednesday, Oct. 1 at 4:15 at Kawananakoa (Keaukaha) gym. Please meet coach Tim there at 3:45.
There is still time to sign up for the Keiki Triathlon held at the Kona Pool Oct. 18th. Please see Mrs. Thompson for details and a form that must be signed by your parents.
- Grade 6 Hilo/Volcano Huakaʻi – Oct. 1-2
- Fall Break – Oct. 6-10 – No School!
- Teacher In-Service – Oct. 13 – No School!
I lā maikaʻi!