E ke kula waena ʻo Kamehameha… aloha pumehana iā kākou
‘O ka lā iwakāluakūmāiwa kēia o Kepakemapa
He Pōʻakahi kēia
He lā ʻekolu
Today is Monday, September 29, a Day 3
Lunch today: Hamburger Stroganoff
Papa ‘Eono Nohona Hawaiʻi Huakaʻi
Tuesday, September 30, 2014:
– In the morning, organize my labeled trash and duffel bags in the 6th grade foyer by my assigned advisory line
– Lock my laptop in my locker and leave my backpack on my locker
– I will only be reporting to period 6 & Wai Kaulele; the rest of the day is huakaʻi prep
Wednesday, October 1, 2014:
– Come to school dressed in my shorts/jeans/pants, P.E. shirt, and covered shoes. *Leave my laptop at home
– Bring my backpack with only the required items on my packing list. *Donʻt forget my lunch
– Pack one, gallon-sized Ziploc bag of non-perishable snacks
– Meet at the bus ramp at 7:40a
Cultural Exchange Opportunity:
If you are interested in traveling to Japan AND are able to host a student from Japan in your home, please see Mrs. Ah Chong at lunch today to get more information and an application. Application essays on why you would be a good ambassador will be due Oct. 2 and interviews will follow.
Picture Retakes on Oct. 2: Now that youʻve seen your pictures, if youʻd like to re-take, please be sure to bring your complete packet back with you on Oct. 2nd for re-takes (do not take any pictures out) . Any of you that were absent on picture day, you need to take your picture on Oct. 2nd as well.
Middle School Sports:
No practice on Tuesday (Sept. 30) this week because of games. Practice will resume on Thursday (Oct. 2) for all girls teams.
There is no practice today (Monday, Sept. 29) because there is a game! The game starts at 5 pm at Shipman Gym (Keaau middle school)! Please see Mr. Kaaa for uniforms today after lunch. Please meet Coach Tim at Shipman Gym at 4:30 pm.
- Grade 6 Hilo/Volcano Huakaʻi – Oct. 1-2
- Fall Break – Oct. 6-10 – No School!
- Teacher In-Service – Oct. 13 – No School!
I lā maikaʻi!