E ko Kamehameha Hawaiʻi ma ke kula waena nei… A-LO-HA!
‘O ka lā iwakāluakūmāono kēia o Kepakemapa
He Pōʻalima kēia
He lā ʻelua
Today is Friday, September 26, a Day 2
Lunch today: Chicken Stew w/ Biscuit
- Open Self Service
- Click on the install button in the Adobe Flash Player box
- Let it run
HINT – You may need to quit your browsers (safari, firefox, etc.) before the update is applied.
Cultural Exchange Opportunity:
If you are interested in traveling to Japan AND are able to host a student from Japan in your home, please see Mrs. Ah Chong at lunch today to get more information and an application. Application essays on why you would be a good ambassador will be due Oct. 2 and interviews will follow.
Here are the entries for the naming of our ‘Oi Kelakela gamification program (with translations if provided):
- Haweo Cup
- Goblet of Mana
- Pa’ani Hui Kaukahu (Advisory Game)
- Challenge of the Advisories
- Kula Waena Cup
- Kula Waena Umeke (Bowl)
- Manu Cup
- Manu Umeke
- Pi’i Na Manu
- Manu Lanakila
- Kings of the Nest
- Ruler of the Roost
- Top Bird
- ‘Apu Lanakila (Champion’s Cup)
- Anahola (Sand Timer: the sand moves back and forth, you either build or lose sand)
- Give and Take
- Ha’awi Aku, Ha’awi Mai
- Ka maka o ka ‘elepaio (The eye of the ‘elepaio)
- Ka ala o ka ‘elepaio (The path of the ‘elepaio)
- Battle of the Birds
- Na Manu Challenge
- The First Annual Advisory Games
Thank you to all of the students and advisors for coming up with some great names! Please discuss the names shown above in your advisories and select your top three choices. By Friday 9/26/14, each advisor needs to email Mr. Chow with the advisory’s top three choices (in rank order) as well as his/her personal favorite. Results will be compiled at the end of the week and forwarded to the Kula Waena leadership team for review. Thanks for helping to name this year’s game!
Picture Retakes on Oct. 2: Now that youʻve seen your pictures, if youʻd like to re-take, please be sure to bring your complete packet back with you on Oct. 2nd for re-takes (do not take any pictures out) . Any of you that were absent on picture day, you need to take your picture on Oct. 2nd as well.
Middle School Sports:
– Cross Country: practice on Mondays and Thursdays from 3;30-5:30
– Girls Volleyball: practice on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3:30-5:30
-Boys Volleyball: practice on Mondays and Wednesdays from 3:30-5:30.
- Grade 7 Keʻei Huakaʻi – Sept. 22-26
- Grade 6 Hilo/Volcano Huakaʻi – Oct. 1-2
- Fall Break – Oct. 6-10 – No School!
- Teacher In-Service – Oct. 13 – No School!
I lā maikaʻi!