E ke kula waena ʻo Kamehameha… aloha mai kākou
‘O ka lā ʻumikūmāwalu kēia o Kepakemapa
He Pōʻahā kēia
He lā ʻehā
Today is Thursday, September 18, a Day 4
Lunch today: Shepherds Pie
Please enjoy your snack outside. No food is allowed in the common areas of our buildings.
PAPA ʻEONO — FRIDAY, 9/19, REMINDERS:
- Come dressed to school in your P.E. uniform and covered shoes. Swim clothes should be worn underneath.
- Have a separate swim bag with your towel, slippers, and change of clothes (P.E. uniform).
- Drop off all desserts starting at 6:30am at Kumu Kaʻumiʻs room. Enter through his door next to the bus ramp. It will be open.
- There is a modified schedule, so report directly to period 5 in the morning. There will be no morning advisory.
- After period 1, lock up your laptop and shoes in your locker. Leave your backpack by your locker. Change into your slippers. Take your swim bag and sit in your advisory line in the 6th grade foyer.
Attention Papa ‘Ewalu!
Have you participated in Ka Waimea Makahiki the past two years? Are you interested in traveling to Moloka’I? Do you want to experience an AMAZING cultural activity and meet new friends from around the state? Then this may be for you! KA MOLOKA’I MAKAHIKI informational meeting on TUESDAY 9/23 with Kumu Alexander at the locker room tables during recess @10:50 am. See you there!
Picture Retakes: those of you that were absent or want to retake your school pictures, retakes will be on Thursday, Oct. 2. Please see Mrs. Ah Chong for a new packet.
3rd Annual Keiki Triathlon on 10/18 in Kona:
If you are interested in participating, please see Mrs. Thompson for information and registration forms.
Middle School Sports:
– Cross Country: practice on Mondays and Thursdays from 3:30-5:30
– Girls Volleyball:
There will be a parent meeting today at 5 pm in Laamea gym. Details about the middle school volleyball program and league play will be shared. Practice will end early on that day. If there are any questions or concerns, please see or contact Mr. Kaaa
First practice for boys volleyball will be on Monday, September 22 in Laʻamea gym from 3:30 to 5:30 pm. Please meet at the bus ramp after school and wait for a coach to come to take you to the gym at 3:15. All athletic forms must be turned in to practice. See Mr. Kaaa during recess this week if you need any forms.
High School Sports:
– JV/Varsity Football vs. Waiakea on Friday, 9/19 at our Paiʻea Stadium starting at 5:00 p.m. – Homecoming!
- Grade 7 Keʻei Huakaʻi – Sept. 22-26
- Grade 6 Hilo/Volcano Huakaʻi – Oct. 1-2
I lā maikaʻi!