E nā koa wiwoʻole o Kamehameha… welina mai me ke aloha!
‘O ka lā kanakolu kēia o ʻApelila
He Pōʻakolu kēia.
He lā ʻehiku
Today is Wednesday, April 30, a Day 8(2)
Lunch today: Hot Dogs w/ Bun
No Computers on Friday! – please do not bring your computers to school on Friday. Also, you do not need to wear your lanyard, but be sure to have your bus pass!
Important dates for Charles Reed Bishop Learning Center:
May 7 – Last day of circulation. In other words, it’s the last day you can borrow any library items.
May 14 – Last day to return any library items. All library books are due this day. If they are not returned with outstanding fines due, you will not receive your yearbook.
Pentathlon team: Please turn in your deposit to Mr. Chow.
K-12 Juried Art Show open – runs through May 16th in Kula Waena Art Gallery. Gallery hours will be M-F from 3:00-5:00 p.m. Stop by and enjoy the beautiful art displays.
Upcoming Events This Week:
• ASKMS and Peer Counseling meetings today during Mass Study Hall – ASKMS report to Mr. Petnerʻs room and Peer Counselors report to the lounge area in front of the canoe
• Concert Rehearsal for 7th/8th Grade Band and Percussion Ensemble today from 3:30-5:00
• ASKMS speeches and voting in advisory tomorrow, May 1st
• May Day on Friday, May 2 at 10:00 a.m. in Laʻamea Gym – Aloha Wear (see handbook for details)
• Boys Basketball game on Thursday, 5/1, at Papaikou Gym at 7:00 pm
• Boys and Girls soccer games on Saturday, 5/3, at Parker Ranch Field 3 at 11:10 and 2:20
Baseline Concussion Testing: May 13
To participate in high risks sports, all students need to take a baseline concussion test. The first test date for School Year 2014-2015 will be Tuesday, May 13 beginning at 3pm at Kekuʻiapoiwa (high school learning center). Testing will be first come, first served. The last group will begin at 6:00pm. The test consists of two portions that will last approximately 45 minutes to an hour total.
Students participating in the following high-risk sports must have a valid baseline concussion test score to participate: football, volleyball, soccer, basketball, wrestling, water polo, baseball, softball, and judo.
Students that should plan on taking a baseline test are:
Students that have never participated in a high-risk sport that plan to do so
Incoming SIXTH, SEVENTH, NINTH, and ELEVENTH grade students planning on participating in a high risk sport, regardless if they have previously taken a baseline test
Any student that has been diagnosed with a concussion since their last baseline test
Any transfer student that has previously taken a baseline test at another school and does not meet the above criteria needs to check in with an athletic trainer.
For questions or clarification, please contact an athletic trainer at 982-0632.
I lā maikaʻi!