E ke poʻokumu, nā kākoʻo, nā kumu a me nā haumāna… aloha nui iā kākou a pau, A-LO-HA!
‘O ka lā ʻumikūmālima kēia o ʻApelila
He Pōʻalua kēia.
He lā ʻehiku
Today is Tuesday, April 15, a Day 7
Lunch today: Glazed Ham
Robotics Class is canceled for today. Class will resume next Tuesday.
Pentathlon Team Members – please look for Mrs. Cordeiro during lunch for your scores and update on possible trip.
ASKMS Officer Applicant Essays: All Applicants Essays are due Wednesday, 4/16 – please submit hardcopy or via email to Mrs. Ah Chong.
Poema ʻInipakeke Day, Poem In Your Pocket Day, April 15
“He poema kāu?” “Do you have a poem?”
Join the entire campus in celebrating the joy of poetry on April 15. All you have to do is carry a poem in your pocket on that day and find a student, teacher or staff to share your poem with. Hopefully, they will also have a poem to share with you.
Here’s a bonus: Make sure to print your name/grade/advisor legibly on your poem. If you have shared your poem, get that person to sign your poem. Bring it to the CRBLC before April 23. It will be used to waive any current overdue fines. (This does not include lost book fees.) It will also be placed in a box for a drawing at lunch on April 23.
K-12 Juried Art Show opens on Friday, April 25th and runs through May 16th in Kula Waena Art Gallery. Gallery hours will be M-F from 3:00-5:00 p.m.
Upcoming Events This Week:
• Grade 6 Hilo/Volcano Huakaʻi on April 15-16
• Free-Dress on Wednesday, 4/16 – Wear Easter Colors
• Concert Rehearsal for 7th/8th Grade Band and Percussion Ensemble on Wednesday, 4/16, from 3:30-5:00
• No School on Thursday, 4/17, and Friday, 4/18 for Teacher In-Service and Good Friday
• KS Band Festival on Thursday, 4/17, at 5:30 p.m. in WCLC
• Hawaiian Ensemble to perform at opening of Merrie Monarch on Sunday, 4/20 at the Civic
• Boys Basketball game today, 4/15 at Andrews Gym at 5:45
• Boys Basketball game on Thursday, 4/17 at Papaikou Gym at 7:00
• Boys and Girls soccer games on Saturday, 4/19 at Parker Ranch Field 3 at 11:10 and 2:20
I lā maikaʻi!