Mai ka piʻina a ka lā i Haʻehaʻe, a i ka mole ʻolu ʻo Lehua… aloha mai kākou
‘O ka lā ʻumikūmāono kēia o ʻAukake
He Poʻalima kēia
He lā ʻelua
Today is Friday, August 16, Day 2 – Modified for K-12 Convocation
Lunch today: Beef Stew
Today’s Borrow Me! Book – Mystery
The Whispers by Greg Howard – “Eleven-year-old Riley believes in the Whispers, magical wood creatures that will grant you wishes if you leave them tributes. Riley has a lot of wishes. He wishes bullies at school would stop picking on him. He wishes Dylan, his 8th grade crush, liked him, and Riley wishes he would stop wetting the bed. But most of all, Riley wishes for his mom to come back home. She disappeared a few months ago and Riley is determined to find her. So he goes on a camping trip with his friend Gary to look for the Whispers and ask them to bring his mom back home. But Riley doesn’t realize the trip will shake the foundation of everything that he believes in for forever.” (Amazon.com)
HAPPY BOOK LOVERS DAY! – AUGUST 9th
Participate in National Book Lovers Day activities at CRBLC and earn ʻOK dollars:
1. Take a picture with your favorite book with a hashtag explaining why
it’s the best
2. Read an excerpt from a book you love at our open mic
3. Reach out to an author and explain why you enjoy his/her book(s)
4. Curl up in a reading nook and read/re-read a book for fun
Sign up for Middle School Cross Country! Use this link!
See Mrs. Thompson with any questions.
Remind App – sign up to receive Kula Waena reminders
– if you signed up last year, you need to sign up again for the new year
– please note that each grade level has their own link
– see links for details:
Grade 6 – remind.com/join/kulawaena
Grade 7 – remind.com/join/kulawaena7
Grade 8 – remind.com/join/kulawaena8
Girls and Boys Volleyball
- Check School Email to see if you are cleared to play or if you have any missing requirements.
- Attending First Practices – Monday, August 19 & Thursday, August 22 – Meet at the gym tables after school. See Mrs. Pacheco and tell her your name (she is taking attendance). Change into your practice attire, shorts, t-shirt, gym shoes. Wait at tables for further instructions from Coach Kyle.
- Taking theConcussion Test – Monday, August 19 & Thursday, August 22 – Meet at the gym tables after school. See Mrs. Pacheco and tell her your name (she is taking attendance). Wait at tables for further instructions from Coach Kyle. After you are done with the concussion test you may attend practice.
- For current information see the VolleyballWebsite: https://sites.google.com/ksbe.edu/ksmvb/home or see Coach Kaaa.
Welcome Back Dance – Aug. 30 – please take the following survey to help us plan activities at the dance – https://forms.gle/YFqZDz2rEqudpBrW7
I lā maikaʻi!