Mai Hawai‘i nui o Keawe a i ka mole ʻo Lehua… aloha mai kākou
‘O ka lā ‘umikūmāhiku kēia o ‘Aukake
He Poʻakahi kēia
He lā ʻewalu
Today is Monday, August 17, Day 8(2)
Lunch today: Beef Macaroni Casserole
On every upload day (DAY 1), students who do not have any outstanding detention obligations may wear their ‘Oi Kelakela t-shirts with their free-dress bottoms and free-dress footwear.
- Free-dress bottoms includes jeans, surfer shorts, and other non-uniform attire that has been approved by school administration.
- Free-dress bottoms does NOT include pajama bottoms, sweat pants, leggings, or overly tight fitting jeans.
- Free-dress shorts/skirts for girls must extend below your fingertips when your arms are to your side!
- Free-dress footwear includes shoes of varied colors or sandals with a backstrap. No slippers, Crocs, or slip-ons!
7th and 8th graders who want to purchase another ‘Oi Kelakela t-shirt may do so by bringing in $10 to Aunty Crystal in the middle school office. Any 6th grader who still hasn’t picked up his/her ‘Oi Kelakela t-shirt needs to see Mr. Chow.
- 7th and 8th grade students should not hang out in the buildings when it is time to report to Ha’aeamahi. If you are held up because of using the bathroom or washing up, do not cut into the area of the line where your grade level is. Instead, stand in line like everyone else and wait patiently.
- If you are released late from class, stand in line like everyone else … NO CUTTING in line.
- When Mrs. Ah Chong releases everyone to recess, students have the option of remaining in the dining hall to finish eating.
- We will continue w/ our intercampus pass system – once applications are received, passes will be distributed
- MS students are allowed to be dropped off/picked up at Elementary only if they have a younger sibling in the Elementary School
- MS students are not allowed to go to high school to meet older siblings for pick-up but they can be picked up together at the ES
- MS students are not allowed to get off the bus in the mornings at the Elementary
- Riding on bus routes that are shared with elementary school students
- Participating in a school-sponsored program/practice (sports, band, drama, etc.)
Middle School Sports:
Girls Volleyball PracticeFor the month of August, practices will be on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday in Laamea gym from 3:30 to 5:30 pm. Girls must meet at the bus ramp after school. A coach will come and get the girls to take them to the gym. Wear practice shorts, t-shirt and court shoes. Please see Mr. Kaaa’s blog for theAugust practice schedule or see him if you have any questions.
- Cross Country Sign Up
See Coach Thompson at lunch to sign up and get an informational flyer
* Recycling – Recycle bins will be collected today during advisory.
* Welcome Back Dance next Friday, Aug. 21 – wear black and white to school. Please make appropriate choices – see handbook. No spaghetti straps, back-less tops or low-cut tops. Shorts & skirts should be fingertip or below. No slippers! Sandals must have a back strap with a low heel.