Give Thanks?

Yes!  Being that we are closing in on the Thanksgiving Holiday, let us take the time to really reflect and give the Lord thanks for every blessing that He freely gives each of us.  We often reflect only on really “big” blessings, but I have found that when I can give thanks for even the “little” every day things, it’s much more difficult to complain because I realize just how fortunate I really am.  It’s all about our perspective, the way we see things.  For example, I am very thankful that I have clean water to drink, that I have a warm place to sleep at night, and that I have a God that loves me unconditionally.  To me these things are not small at all, but we often overlook these and many other daily conveniences. 

Also, a blessing is not always a material thing.  For example, I am thankful that I have the ability to walk and see.  I should not take those gifts for granted.  The best way to tell God you are thankful is not just in prayer or in words, but in the way you take care of what He has given you.  It’s also in having a humble heart.

What or who are you thankful for? Leave a comment!

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Give Thanks?