New as of October 1, 2008 we can now add .swf (flash) files to our KS Blogs.
Share an Audio/Visual Presentation Online
This is so exciting, now you can take your PowerPoint presentations, slide notes, and narration and convert them into a fast loading .swf file that can be easily viewed online. Take a look at Kelly Cua’s Presentation “Land Divisions in Hawaii” to see an example of how this can be used in education.
Share Quick Loading Movie Clips Online – No more waiting!
This is also a great solution for those bulky movie clips that you want to post online. Converting your .avi and .mov files to .swf makes them well “swiff” (.swf). You will need a movie editing software that will allow you to import .avi, .wmm, or .mov files and export them as a .swf. I’ll cover the conversion in more detail in another blog post.
See a sample at http://blogs.ksbe.edu/dakim/2008/10/01/swf/
1. First upload the swf file, then send to editor, then click on the “Code tab” to get the full URL to the swf file. The full URL will start with http://… and end with .swf – Copy the full URL you will need it in the next step.
2. Click on the silver “F” icon on the Visual text editor when writing a post
3. Paste the full URL to the swf file into the pop-up dialog box:
4. Enter 400 for width, then 300 for height when prompted. You can play with these numbers to see what works best if you are unsure of the file size.
5. Publish your post and test.