Responsibility for what is posted on this blog lies with each user—you alone are responsible for the material you post. As a condition of your use of these features, you warrant to KS that you will not use them for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by this User Agreement. Except as otherwise permitted in this User Agreement, you may not modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer, or sell any information, services, software, or benefits obtained from this blog.
You are the owner of your KS Blog and are responsible for the content of your blog, including comments that may be posted to your blog. Please review and remove inappropriate comments and content on a regular basis.
Students can participate in KS Blogs via the commenting feature. When commenting, they should only use their first name and last initial for “Name”, use their KS email for “Mail” (this is not shown on the public blog), and refrain from posting their email address or using other student’s full names in the content of their comment.
By using their KS email address, when you moderate the comments or as an admin of the blog, you can tell which student is posting the comment.
Other basic guidelines when using KS Blogs:
* Images: Resize your images prior to upload to have a maximum width of 500 pixels.
* Content: Please use common sense, and keep the educational focus (i.e. no commercial or political views please).
* Privacy: Protect our keiki, your blog is viewable by everyone on the internet.
* Backups: You are responsible for your own content, please keep backup copies of your work and files.
* Security: Please do not share your login information with anyone.
* Copyrights: Do not post copyrighted materials on your blog, including text, images, audio and video.
In addition, you may not use this blog to:
* Defame, abuse, harass, threaten, or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others;
* Conduct or forward illegal contests, pyramid schemes, chain letters, unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, unsolicited e-mail or multi-level marketing campaigns;
* Publish, post, distribute, disseminate, or link to any:
(i) profane, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent or unlawful topic, material or information;
(ii) software or other material protected by intellectual property laws, rights of privacy or publicity, or other proprietary rights, unless you own, control such rights or have received all necessary consents for your use of such software and other materials;
(iii) software or other material that contains viruses, corrupted files, or that may or are intended to damage the operation of another’s computer (e.g., “cracks” or other programs written to defeat the security measures of any computer, system or programs);
* Distribute, promote, or link to any sites for the marketing, sales, or distribution of any service or product;
* Harvest or otherwise collect information about third parties, including e-mail addresses, without the express consent of such third parties;
* Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying this blog;
* Impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
* Gain unauthorized access to this blog, or any account, computer system or network connected to this website, by means such as hacking, password mining or other illicit means;
* Interfere with or disrupt the operation of this Web site or any servers or networks; or,
* Violate any applicable laws or regulations.
By using KS Blogs system, you must also abide by the policies and procedures set forth in applicable KS policies including:
If you have any questions regarding the appropriate use of the KS Blogs system, please contact Sam Nihipali at x28845. Mahalo!