Freshmen Forum 20

Job was considered a man of integrity; despite the tragedies and challenges he was forced to suffer. What does integrity mean for you? How important is it and how does it relate to your character?

Click on “comments” to submit your manaʻo…

28 thoughts on “Freshmen Forum 20

1. Masen heu

integrity means to be honest. you don’t want to be someone who always lies. you want people to trust you and believe you.

Reply
  2. Hali'a Keahi

The definition of integrity is being honest and having strong morals. For me, it means being a good person and not trying to be what everyone else is. Being a good person may not be cool right now but it is the right thing to do. Integrity is very important because it teaches us how to be honest and be a good person through hard times without falling away from God. This relates to me because of the things I did in the past. I wasn’t the most honest person to myself and to those around me. It is hard living in this world because of all the distractions and temptations that are trying to pull you farther away from God. All I did was give up and take the easy way out even if the outcome was good or bad. In conclusion, integrity shows that the type of person you are and who you will become. Have integrity even if it isn’t always easy.

Reply
  3. Danielle Bridge

Integrity is showing honesty and having strong moral principles. For example, a way that I show integrity is when there comes a point in my life that I come across conflict it never slips my mind to do the wrong thing because of my strong morals that I was raised with. Being able to show integrity is an important key in life because it helps you become a stronger and better person. It builds your self confidence in yourself to help push you through situations you may think you might not be able to get through.

Reply
  4. Kiana Liu

Intergrity means being truthful even in hard times. Intergrity is very important to me because I beleive that no matter how hard life is it doesn’t give us a reason to lie. We as people tend to become lazy when we are stressed, angry, or sad. I feel that no matter what bad things happen in life you should always remain with intergrity for yourself and for others.

Reply
  5. Shea Watanabe

To me integrity means being honest and is willing to do anything no matter the consequence. I feel it is really important to have integrity. You need to be honest have strive for whatever no matter what the outcome will be. This relates to me because I try to use integrity in my life as much I can to be a better person.

Reply
  6. Chyna Bateman

What integrity means to me, is to stay truthful, honest… It does not even need to be toward others, it can be towards yourself… Do what you believe in, others may not think the things you do, but if your purpose for doing so is for positive, or it makes you happy, who cares what others thing. God makes things happen for a reason, so if there is bad that comes into play like Job then thats when you can’t loose faith, trust, and most importantly integrity…

Reply
  7. Ale'a

Integrity means doing the right thing at all times and in all circumstances, whether or not anyone is watching. It is about being true to yourself. Integrity is very important for our character because it is about our actions matching our words, and our words being intellectually honest. Having integrity shows that you are a very respectful person despite any tragedy or challenge you are forced to suffer.

Reply
  8. Brennan Mendez

For me, Integrity means being honest and truthful to God. Integrity also means having good moral values involved in your life an used throughout your life. Integrity is very important. Its important because it leads our nations to being a better place physically, socially and spiritually. Integrity relates to my character, because I try my best to always stay honest with God and applying my moral values in my daily life.

Reply
  9. Alexis Gonsalves

To me integrity means to be honest and to do right thing even when no one is watching. Integrity is a huge part of someones character, it is a really good characteristic to have and it can make a huge impact on your life. Not only can having integrity have an impact on your own life but it can also spread to those around you, having integrity can determine what people see you as and that can affect how they choose to treat you.

Reply
  10. Kaitlyn Randall

Integrity means to me is a being honest, being righteousness, having good morals and character, being a leader. Having integrity is important because you will live a simple life because you will do what is right. It relates to my character because I always try to have integrity.

Reply
  11. Lee Franco

Integrity is very important to me. It means that you hold your self to a high standard. Integrity is important to my character because it shows others that you are a good person, and that you are trustworthy. Being looked upon as a good person, is very important in todays world.

Reply
  12. Kahelelani Alipio

To me integrity means to be true with yourself and with everything you do. It is very important to have integrity because it helps you become a stronger and better person in life. Integrity is a way to show that you are truthful and have a positive moral and it shows that you can be a leader and be able to take on own responsibilities.

Reply
  13. Iokepa Horton

What integrity means to me is, to be honest, not in general but to yourself. To believe in what you believe. If someone doubts you prove them wrong, If tragedies and challenges come my way like Job then you need to have faith, that everything will be okay. Have trust in God that he has a plan for you, and that just like Job he will be okay. To me integrity is very important, i feel that all of the traits someone could have is all wrapped up into “integrity”. I feel i still need to work on my integrity in some ways, but i do feel i am working towards becoming someone with strong integrity.

Reply
  14. Taylor Watanabe

To me, integrity means that you are honest about the kind of person that you are and you stay true to yourself and what you believe in even when others don’t think the same way. This is an important value in life because you should never go against what you believe to be right. Even if other people have completely different views and opinions, if you think something is right then you should stick with it.

Reply
  15. Colton Luke

Integrity to me is probably one of the highest most important things to have in any persons life. I think that integrity is what helps many people succeed in life. Having integrity to me also defines you as a person. I think integrity is something really important that all people should have including me. This relates to my character I think that if I have integrity than people will think good of me which is what I want.

Reply
  16. Mason Pagan

Integrity to me means is just being hones. I think integrity is very important, i think it relates to my character because i try to be honest, and try to stick moral principles.

Reply
  17. Keely Logan

Integrity to me means doing the right thing even if no one is watching. It is important because if you don’t have integrity than who will do the right thing. If no body is doing the right thing, you have to be the person to do it. This relates to me because I feel bad if I don’t do the right thing or if I see an opportunity to do the right thing but I don’t.

Reply
  18. Tyler Toshikiyo

Integrity to me is standing out for the right reasons, going against what others do for the right reasons. And doing the right thing when no one else is doing it. Have integrity is very important because it shows what kind of person you are and it affects your reputation. It relates to my character because I like to stand out depending on what other people are doing, and I am always thinking of my reputation, because it could’ve have a big impact on my future and could affect my family.

Reply
  19. Makena Carroll

Having integrity, to me, means having that sort of discipline in situations you might find a bit difficult. It means that no matter what the situation is, you push through, one hundred percent, and never give up. This relates to my character because in times of trial and error, I know that I will always have God, and that he will always be watching, and that no matter what, I have to give my one hundred percent because he is always watching.

Reply
  20. Joshua Grant

Integrity is something that has morals. Like no matter how rich or poor you are, everyone should know that this, this and this is right and that is wrong. This is extremely important because if you are a man of integrity, you basically followed God no matter what circumstance you were put in. This is important to myself as a character because it is something that I should have to. To have integrity isn’t only important but very helpful as it helps you a lot with question or comment that you either make up or hear.

Reply
  21. Beau

To me, integrity means sticking to something or staying faithful. Integrity is very important because if you donʻt stick with something in life you might loose out on a big opportunity. Like Job, because he stuck with God through the hard times, he was able to get his riches and a new family. Integrity is something that I lack so it does not really relate to me.

Reply
  22. Morgan West

Integrity to me is how hard I can be beaten down, and through the harsh mists of the challenge, I can stand up. It is really important to me because I know that when I go into the “real” world, I will be able to take all of the hate and doubt, and prove them wrong. I aspire to be a Graphic Designer and I know that there will a lot of challenges along the way, and I need to be able to see God through the the challenge. It relates to me because when my Dad died in a motorcycle accident, I asked if there even was a God, and I trusted in him. Even though I lost my Dad I still had faith that God gave me this challenge to test my INTEGRITY.

Reply
  23. Taj Falconer

Integrity means a lot for me in my life because I have learned to always follow good morals to keep me on the right track in my life. Their has recently been many tragedies for me in my life, and to go the wrong direction in my life would emphasize failure and immorality which is what I do not want. It is important to my character because I want a good life and doing good things is the only way to keep a good life going for me. That is what integrity means to me and how it is important to my character and life.

Reply
  24. Seana Lanias

Integrity means that you are honest and have a strong moral understading of what is right or wrong. If someone is doing something that I feel isn’t right then i’ll say something because it goes against my moral compass. I feel Job showed his integrity by not falling in his relationship with God. Integrity is important because without it you would have no moral compus and no sense of pride in who you are and what you believe.

Reply
  25. Khayana Mau

I think it means honesty and to be able to stand up for what you believe in. I think this is important and it relates to your character because if you need to learn to stand up for yourself. If you keep believing what others say, you wont make much a difference. If you believe in something then just stand up for it or tell them the truth about you believing in that. Never be afraid to tell anyone what you truly believe in.

Reply
  26. Tatiana Martinez

Integrity to me means to be honest. It means to be humble and honest. These are very large parts of being a good christian and warrior of God. It relates to my character in a way that I like to be honest. I like to tell the truth. It’s difficult for me to not be honest with people. I like being honest, it builds up character in a good way.

Reply
  27. Tehoni Naeole

For me integrity means being honest and having strong morals. This is important because having strong morals means being a good person no matter what happens to you.

Reply
  28. Jonathan Lawrence

Integrity for me means to stay good and be righteous through the ups and downs. Integrity is very important because it teaches us that it can be easy to do the good things when everything is good but you have to continue to do the good things even through the hard and rough times in life. This relates to me because I sometimes think and do bad things because everything seems impossible and hard and all I can think of doing is giving up or taking the easy way out no matter if it is good or bad. So integrity is somethings everyone should have no matter what excuse you have.

Reply