About Me

ʻO wau nō ʻo Kumu Monica a he kumu au i ke Keʻena o Poʻo Kula i ke Keʻena o Kahu.  Aʻo aku au i ka Papa Kalikiano ma ke kula kiʻekiʻe a me ke kula haʻahaʻa ʻo Kamehameha ma Maui.

Aloha, I am Monica Mata, (haumāna know me as Kumu Monica or Ms. Monica) a Christian Education Instructor with the Chaplain’s Office.  I have the tremendous blessing of sharing the love of God and the way, truth and life of Jesus at KS Maui.

A haumana of the Kamehameha Schools Kapālama campus from elementary, and upon graduation attended the University of Hawaiʻi at Manoa, earning a Bachelors of Arts in Social Science, specializing in Developmental Psychology.  Completed graduate studies (courses, practicum and internship) for a Master of Arts degree in Marriage and Family Therapy in the School of Professional Psychology at Argosy University, as well as courses towards a Certificate in Biblical Studies at the Bible Institute of Hawaiʻi, and graduate studies in the Certificate of Christian Studies program at Fuller Theological Seminary.

Fortunate to have had over 30 years of experience as an educator and in church leadership; including teaching at the KS Kapālama campus (HS Personal Health), as an Outreach Counselor at various Windward Oahu schools, 14 years of Youth Ministry (as a Leader and Youth Director) in Kailua and 7 years as a Director of Christian Education in Honolulu. 

Moved to Maui in 2003 to teach at the KS Maui campus, where I continue to be a grateful recipient, richly blessed for the opportunity to contribute to Ke Aliʻi Pauahi’s ongoing legacy.