Freshmen Forum 18

Because we can’t see God, we often think that Ke Akua is not here.  How do you know if God is present? When and what do you see or experience (in nature or in people) that would confirm “Ma Ke Alo O Ke Akua” (In the presence of God)?

Click on “comments” to submit your mana’o…

27 thoughts on “Freshmen Forum 18

1. Noa Saito-Takabayashi

Even though you cannot see God, he is present in times of need. I know God is present when Iʻm having a bad day. When I am going through difficult situations I know itʻll get better because God is with me and at the end of the day most things work out. I also know God is present when me and my family are in troubling times. My grandmother was in the hospital recently and we were all scared for her but in the end she came out of the hospital completely fine and we were all relieved and I knew that God was present.

Reply
  2. Isabella Ayau

Just because I canʻt see God doesnʻt mean he is not there. I always feel like God is always with me because sometimes when I am put to a hard situation I feel that there is always this voice I guess telling me something and I feel that it is God or a guardian angel. Also, I know when God is present because when I pray for something or ask for help the situation gets better over time and I know that he is there. Lastly, I feel that God is in my presence because last year my great grandfather moved here from Mexico and his health was not the greatest and doctors told him that he would not live more than a month but, my family prayed and he lived for about a year after more and we knew that God was in our presence.

Reply
  3. Leilani

When I put trust in God i know he hears me because the situation I am dealing with usually gets better in a matter of time. Whenever I am happy I know that God is with me because he is giving me that sense of happiness throughout the day.

Reply
  4. Kahiau Chow

I know God is present when I am having a bad day, I can feel his presence within my self and he always makes me feel better. I also know that God is present when a miracle happens. The thing that would confirm the miracle is when I go into this school.

Reply
  5. Micah Kele

I know that God is with me because when im feeling down and gloomy I feel his presence with in me. I pray to God when I am in doubt and I keep moving forward. Recently my grandma had some problems and she passed out, ambulances had to come and get her I prayed to God and shes doing well now.

Reply
  6. Lanse

I may not see God but I always know he’s by when I am doing good. You feel the warmth of his arms hugging you. We don’t need to see him, we just need to have faith in him. I don’t need to see him because when my time here on earth is done I know I can see him again.

Reply
  7. Kaohulani Palakiko

I try to see God in everything around me. I try to look for all the amazing things that sometimes we as people take as granted. I look for the kindness of people. Helping others out who are in need. The compassion people have for one another. I see God through his people. I see him present when people are living his word.

Reply
  8. Taylor Redman

John 20:29
    Than Jesus told him, “Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”

We don’t have to see and know Ke Akua is there because we already believe and know he is there, watching over us and protecting us through all the things we do.

Reply
  9. Tristan Catan

I know that God is present because he has granted me many blessings that I wouldn’t have without him. He has given me the opportunity to play sports, and to not get severely injured in those sports. This is how I know that Ke Akua is present even though I can’t see him.

Reply
  10. B. Kamaile Asing

God is present when not only the good but also the bad happen, even through the times when God seems anything but close. I know God is present, because he brings us happiness and joy. Even through times of disappointment or hardships he gives us these times, because he knows we are strong enough to handle them. He has faith in all of us. The Lord is always present in our life.

Reply
  11. Teaoni Medeiros-Hoshino Krause-Labat

Yes, there are stories that say they have seen God, but we have not when I feel in the presence of God it is when I am sitting at the dining table Ex. Thanksgiving where my Mom gives pule and I feel a weight or a heaviness that a good type of weight where I am thankful. Or just when I am extermely happy and i am just thankful. Like I know he is watching me.

Reply
  12. Victoria Ngalu

We need to have faith that God will be there for us in times of trouble. When you are in trouble and really need help, God will send someone or something to help you get through your problems. Also, when you are feeling lonely and get the feeling like nobody cares about you, God will send a small reassurance to you so that you know he cares and will always be there for you.

Seminar Class 3B

Reply
  13. Kiare Cabanting

For me personally I know that God exist because we have faith in him and we see his everyday miracles of answering my prayer and his creation.

Reply
  14. Joshua Grant

I know that god is there because sometimes when everything looks like something will not go my way or it will fail, God finds me an answer to it so then I can get through my life. When it happens, I feel great relief and I feel powerful because I know he is always on my side and will help me with anything I need.

Reply
  15. Jaimelee Felipe

God is present in everyone and every thing good. Even though He isn’t physically seen, he is real. He does things through others. People who give food to the homeless, volunteer to help out the community, or just do something simple such as smile to someone who is having a bad day is when God is shown. The love we have for others is the love God has gave us and is in us. Love is everything. Without love, there is no God. If there is no God, there is no love.

Reply
  16. Brennan Mendez

For me, when I am in the presence of God, I feel a warm, loving, breeze touching my heart. Also, when God is near, I sometimes hear his voice guiding me to make the right choices and decisions. Lastly, even though I can’t see him, I know he’s near because I accepted him into my life as my Lord and my Savior.

Reply
  17. Kahelelani Alipio

You know when God is present because signs of natural signs appear. By this, I mean like seeing special birds that are rare to come around or seeing a maka ‘iwa in an area it would not normlly be in, also by seeing rainbows consistently. Or just by basically experiencing the appearance of a strange form of nature is how I think you can tell god is present.

Reply
  18. Tatiana Martinez

My thoughts are that just because we canʻt see, feel or touch God, it doesn’t mean that he is not here with us. He is made into three parts The Father the Son and Holy Spirit and to be a God is to be able to be in many places at once. God is with us whenever we need him and at the same time he can be with an ill person and still be able to answer prayers. He is always with us like a cloud sheltering us over our heads. The presence of God is a place where you’re w=either deep in worship or deep in devotion where you are in a place where nothing can bring you away from God. I know that God is real and here because I feel his presence everyday and can feel that he knows me and always is my shoulder to lean on.

Reply
  19. Kahea Poepoe

Even though we canʻt see God, I still believe that God is present because throughout my life, when I trusted and put my faith in him, things turned out for the best and when I read the word of God from the bible Iʻve experienced how Gods words and promise have happened throughout my life. During times when I get worried or have tests coming up. I pray to God for help and I realize that sometimes I do better than I think that I would have done and sometimes when I lose something or canʻt find it, after I pray and ask God for help, I end up finding what I lost. I also believe in God because all things are possible through him.

Reply
  20. Chandler Watson

I think god would we no god would be with us at our worst and best times. Well for me it was in a baseball game and we were getting destroyed already in the first inning ( we always pray before games) and my team and I were about to lose it. Then I prayed to god saying was this intentional to just make us lose terribly and than every inning after we started to score points and then we won

Reply
  21. Kayleen

Many times I’ve lost my faith in God because I couldn’t feel his presence. Faith is the key word, God won’t show himself if you don’t have faith in him. The definition of faith is believing without seeing thus if you don’t believe in God then your faith is lost and he won’t reveal himself. One experience I had with God is in nature a lot of times when the wind becomes dry.

Reply
  22. Kawenalani Dela Cruz-Costa]

God is present at all times of my life, as I either ride in a car, on a plane, take a test at school, sleep, am at soccer or cheer practice, or even as I sleep. I feel him when I realize the moments of how blessed I am to be myself, to attend KSM, and to have a roof over my head with food at the table. I can also feel his strength in my dark times because he is the light I find and I know he is there as I recover. He protects me from evil and harm as I live my life. I do not see him, but I can feel him at all times, and I usually feel him the most in the times of both success when cry tears of
    happiness after a well deserved victory, or as I cry tears of pain in the darkest times of frustration and stress in my life.

Reply
  23. Kaiulani Kaniaupio

Every night i pray. I pray for the safety and health of my family and to have a good day. At the end of every night when i pray i know that he is there because my prayers are heard and i know that he is watching over my family and I.

Reply
  24. Keoni Kalama

To know how god is present. For me I fell that god is most present when my whole day is going just right. I think that when god is present everybody is in a happy mood and caring mood too. So like for instance I felt like god was in my presents a couple days ago because I had the perfect timing in paddling and everything just felt good. I wasnʻt tired, I wasnʻt sore and I for sure wasnʻt mad.

Reply
  25. Alohalani Puaa

Ke Akua is my first priority. I pray every single day. There are even times when I’m having a hard time going through things and i just pray to Ke Akua. There was this one time I was looking for my combination lock in my house. I was getting really frustrated and told myself to just pule. So i bussed out a pule and asked Akua to just please give me patience to find this lock. No more than a minuet later I had found it and I knew it was because Akua had helped me and gave me that patience. Another one of my best stories is when my papa was in the hospital. He was in coma for over a little than half a month. I always used to go up to the hospital with my mama and pray. We would pray everyday. There was even a time when they were going to pull the plug but my grandma denied. We just continued to pule and he had gotten up and got better. Today he is way very much better. I have Faith and I know that Ke Akua is always in presence.

Reply
  26. Aikalaokekai chappell

You will be able to feel his presence he will show himself when the time is right. I see happiness and i believe god gives that to us.

Reply
  27. Kaila Kalauokaaea-Kahele

I know when God is present, because when I am having a bad day, I can feel Him within me, filling me with warmth. I also know when God is present, when miracles happen. My dad was in a head-on collision car accident about a year ago, and he should not have survived the crash, but he did. When the accident happened, our entire family knew that my dad had survived because God was watching over him and saved him in that accident. I believe that God saw that my dad was still needed in this world by his friends and family, and decided that it was not his time to go.

Reply