Freshmen Forum 11

If we know that Ke Akua is maikaʻi and according to Genesis 1, all that was made was maikaʻi, then explain how there is “ugliness” in the world… and what does all the “pono ʻole” mean for you personally?

Click on comments to submit your manaʻo…

8 thoughts on “Freshmen Forum 11

1. Luke Kahuhu

Ugliness started with the disobedience of Adam and Eve. God specifically ordered them not to the “fruit”. But the serpent was trying to get Adam and Eve to disobey Jesus and follow him. The fruit is what brought bad things into the world.

Reply
  2. Koko Casey

I think that all the “ugliness” in the world, first began when Adam and Eve were disobedient to God. Since we are all descendants of them, we all contribute to the “ugliness.” We have or will make many decisions in life that will cause regret or negative consequences, and we have to fix it. Jesus died for us, to give us a second chance.
    To me, “pono ʻole” is something that is wrong, but it’s also something that can be fixed. As Nā Kalikiano, once we lose our pilina with Ke Akua, it is our kuleana to hoʻoponopono everything, and reconnect with Him.

Reply
  3. Caylee Tuzon

I think all the ugliness in this world is not apart of God’s plan. There are still good people in this world and I feel that we as Christians should make an impact. Even though there is ugliness in the world we should try and make a positive difference. When people do bad it makes me think if there is anything I can do to make things better. It also makes me mad when I see people treating people badly. We should all treat people with the highest respect even if they don’t.

Reply
  4. Megan Snipes

There is ugliness in the world because God left us to make our own decisions. Some of our choices will be bad and they will have consequences. To me, you have to figure out the difference between right and wrong, good and bad. I will sometimes make bad decisions in life, that will have consequences, but from there I will learn from it and at the end of the day, I will be a better person.

Reply
  5. Shay-Lynn Higa

I think that all the pono ‘ole in the world shouldn’t only reflect on us. It depends who did all the bad in the world. Not everyone is perfect and we all know that. There may be some people who choose to do bad things and will either continue to do bad or find a way to help themselves to do better and strive to do the best in all they do. There are a lot of bad things in this world that don’t involve people, to me God didn’t choose to have bad things in this world but for some reason some things started to get ugly. God had a plan and his plan was good and he wanted everything to succeed. We as a society need to try our best to stop all the ugly around us and make this world a better place for the generations to come after us and so on.

Reply
  6. Kai Segundo

“Ugliness” came in the world when Adam and Eve first disobeyed God. Making people in the future to make decisions that are wrong or told not to do. The tree made Adam and Eve see what’s good and bad, now days many people see that, but their curiosity is what make the “ugliness.” Pono ‘ole to me means that you’re doing something wrong or sinful and you know it is wrong. You’re purposely doing it in a bad way.

Reply
  7. Jessie

It can mean personally to me that Ke Akua created this beautiful world but sometimes things happen to this world that can create ugliness if things are not taken care of properly.

Reply
  8. Te'a Monden

I think there is ugliness in the world because there can’t be good without the bad. You wouldn’t consider something beautiful unless you had something ugly to compare it to. I also think that there is ugliness in the would because we sin and do horrible ugly things, we’re not perfect, we destroy things. But we can ask for forgiveness from God.

Reply