Freshmen Forum 10

Is the Christian Church relevant?  If so, how?  If not, should it be and why?

Click on comments to post your manaʻo…

10 thoughts on “Freshmen Forum 10

1. Shanaya DeRego Ho'opai

I believe that the Christian Church is very much relevant and needed, especially to christians. It’s a place where family or friends are reunited and they all come together to praise the Lord and Jesus. Church is where people follow God’s words, pray, seek comfort and it can be a place of guidance for them. Church is important to others. So, therefore, I think the Christian Church is relevant because it is needed.

Reply
  2. Kawena Espania

I believe that a church is relevant because its a place to worship the Lord. It makes things easier for people to gather and we can share our belief without judgment.

Reply
  3. Faith Kekahuna-Santos

i feel that in this culture and generation, people have come to prove that the Christian Church isn’t as relevant and not an important part of their morals as it used to be. People all over have taken the word of God and looked too far into it. They are way out of context and are acting of the Pharisees in the old testament. Personally, in my life Christian Church is very relevant and important in my every day life. i feel that people in this generation and time period tend to throw the word of God around so freely. God is very important, without Him , who are you? without Him, nothing would be at existance. i feel people tend to forget that & many people don’t truly know that. So no. i feel that God and the Church isn’t very relevant anymore.. but we can change that, it won’t be easy but it is possible.

Reply
  4. Tyler Lum

No it isnt. A church isnt needed. Back during christ days he travel from house to house to teach. They gather at a house for worship. A church isnt need.

Reply
  5. Ofa-Helotu Koka

The Christian Church is with no doubt relevant to me. My family and i are active in our church. we attend the free church of tonga or Siasi Tonga Tauataina. We go to church every sunday moring 11-about 3PM. Sunday school starts at 11. we prepare our clothes on saturday night which is like ironing our dresses. in our church the ladies wear tongan dresses which we call Puletaha and men wear their skirt i guess but we call it tupenu. we sing and we have a choir. we have potlucks (kaipola) sometimes after church. this past Sunday we had to read our lesson in front of the priests. In our Sunday school were seperated by our birthday and there is 7 grades. I’m in 6th grade. Each class is given an assignment or a verse from the bible to memorize and to understand the meaning. In May is the presentation month and we call it lau lessoni or fakame. We show the priests what we have been learning in our classes by going up in the front of church and saying our lesson.

Reply
  6. Danann Mitchell

From a media or pop culture standpoint, I think the Christian Church is becoming more relevant and more popular in our society, seeing as though many more people are Christian in the media. There are many celebrities and politicians who are very public about their beliefs and their religion. I think this is good because this is America and we are constitutionally allowed to believe whatever we choose to believe but we should also be mindful that everyone has this right to believe what they want to believe, that not everyone has to believe what I believe or believe in anything at all, and that we should be respectful of everyone’s religious affiliation, or lack thereof.

Reply
  7. Tianna-Lee (Kawai) de Vault

i feel that the Christian church is not as relevant as it had used to be. There are many people who aren’t satisfied with the ways of their church anymore and would often feel that they no longer act in the way that christians, the followers of christ, should. i also think that these churches should be relevant to others: without the proper instruction and direction, many christians might be misleading without a stable foundation (their church), and could possibly be guided down the wrong word. Overall, i feel that the ways of the christian church are not as relevant anymore, but they should be properly fixed in order to lead the church-goers in the direction that the Lord had chosen for them.

Reply
  8. Rebeka Revelle

The Christian Church is relevant to many things in my life. My school, my family, some of my friends, & myself. It is relevant to me because I believe in the Christian Church. I go to church 3-4 times a week. It is also relevant to me, because I grew up in a Christian church. I learned from when I was born, that Jesus Christ is the Lord & Savior. I love being involved in church because I get to meet new, wonderful people. I can’t even express how relevant the Christian Church is to me because not only is it relevant to me, but it’s relevant to Jesus Christ, whom has my heart. Thanks for a great year of Christian Ed. Ms. Monica! I’ll miss you! You taught me a lot & I am grateful.

Reply
  9. Kainoa Deguilmo

I think it’s relevant because it’s when Christians come together and worship as one. They are the “body” of Christ.

Reply
  10. Sage Kamaka

The christian church in my opinion is relevant. We learn so many morals and values for church and try to apply them to our lives today. Some people who go to church try and live by Heavenly Father’s ways so that they can once come back to his kingdom of Heaven. So I think church is very relevant because it helps us with our temporary life here on Earth.

Reply