Lesson 1: Wondering About Wetlands
– Essential Question: How do wetlands help our community during a heavy rainfall?
– Learning Log 1: Learning Through a Model
– Map: Kalihi and Kapālama Ahupuaʻa
– Learning Log 2: Draw a Wetland Model
Lesson 2: Wetland Lōkahi
– Essential Question: How do plants and animals in a wetland need each other to survive?
– Learning Log 3: Research
– Learning Log 4: Graphing Data
Lesson 3: Math in the Marsh
– Essential Question: How do different plant and animal structures help organisms to survive in wetlands?
– Learning Log 5: Wetland Birds Adaptation
Lesson 4: Learning From Our Kūpuna
– Essential Question: How do moʻolelo, mele, and talks with our kūpuna help us to understand the place where we live?
– Moʻolelo: Kapukawaiokalihi – The Water Door of Kalihi
– Moʻolelo: A Tale of Kilohana Hill
– Learning Log 6: Letʻs Talk Story
Lesson 5: Wetland Kōkua
– Essential Question: How do wetlands help our community and how can we kōkua to care for wetlands?
– Moʻolelo: A Kapālama Moʻolelo – Kaulu Goes Sightseeing
– Loʻi Kalo Park
– Loʻi Kalo Park: Plant Hunt
– Pre-Post Test