5 Ways to Geek Out This Summer!

nerd-304337_960_7201.  Read a teacher geek book 

Aaron Hogan put together an excellent list of 41 Books on Education. Two from the list I want to read this summer are Personalized PD and The Innovator’s Mindset.  Check out the list!  I can guarantee you there’s something for everyone!

2.  Join the Geeky Google Drive Level Up Challenge

This is not only a great way to learn about Google Drive, but a way to experience gamification as a learner and gain ideas for using it as part of your own instruction.  Challenge created by Alice Keeler.

3.  Be a Google Geek and get certified

I went through the Educator Level 1 and 2 certifications and I learned so much!  The trainings aren’t just about Google Tools, but technology integration strategies.  I highly suggest getting certified!

4.  Participate in a geeky twitter chat

Twitter chats are one of the best ways to engage in conversations with other like minded educators to exchange ideas, find new resources, and to learn!  Cybrary Man has curated a list of educational chats on twitter.  Check them out!

5.  Geek out with me this summer

Want to work together this summer on tech integration, flipping your classroom, project based learning, using code in the classroom, and so much more?  I’ll be here!  Use the link above to see available Geek Out sessions.  If the times don’t work for you, send me an email and we can work it out.