Freshmen Forum 30

Kamehameha Schools E Ola! Learner Outcomes expects haumāna to develop “Kūpono” – an “honorable character based on Hawaiian and Christian values.”

How would you describe an “honorable character”?  Give an example with your manaʻo.

Click on “comments” to submit your manaʻo…

21 thoughts on “Freshmen Forum 30

1. Shayana Tateyama

an honorable character is someone who is a leader and a good example. it is someone who is kind and genuine in alll of their acts and someone who is dependable

Reply
  2. Shayana Tateyama

An honorable character is someone who is kind, genuine, loving, sturdy, a leader, and someone who we can depend on.

Reply
  3. Koalii Bullock

An honorable character is someone who cares for others. Does what is right even if theyʻre gonna get made fun of. Who knows right and wrong. And someone who is respectful.

Reply
  4. Kairos Joaquin

To me an honorable character is a person who does something great for the good. For example Jesus is a very honorable character in our lives & world because he died for our sins when he didnʻt ever sin.

Reply
  5. Kairos Joaquin

To me an honorable person is some who does great for the good. For example some may see a coach as an honorable person, a teacher as one, a pastor as one & many others. But to me a very honorable person is Jesus because he did nothing wrong & he died for our sins.

Reply
  6. Kaipo Asing

An honorable character is someone who represents themselves, their family, where they come from, their school with great leadership, humbleness, loyalty, respect, responsibility, and makes people honored to have known them.

Reply
  7. Seth Navas

An honorable character is someone who is always willing to become more like Jesus Christ. Jesus showed self sacrifice, commitment, and love towards everyone. He was innocent, yet he died for our sins so we could be forgiven. We don’t have to sacrifice our lives, but we can have the same kind of love, and commitment.

Reply
  8. Kilinahe Robinson

An honorable character to me is someone who understands things. Understands the meaning of respect, boundaries, other peoples insights and thereʻs just too much to think of but someone honorable is mainly well thought-out. Its hard to explain but basically someone with good values that they stand by.

Reply
  9. Edward Hudcovic

An honorable character is someone that is respectful, trustworthy, and an all-around good person. Kinda like a role model, I look up to my coaches because they push me to always do my best.

Reply
  10. Makana

My idea of an honorable person is someone who believes in truth and doing the right thing, and tries to live up to those high principles. Someone who is true to themselves and is confident in who they are.

Reply
  11. Kaiya Kapaku

I believe an honorable person or character is someone honest, kind, and trustworthy. Some examples in everyday life of honorable characters are coaches, teachers, principles, parents, and so much more. In my opinion, everyone can be an honorable person; it just comes down to their mindset.

Reply
  12. Jadon Valdez

To me someone that is honorable is someone that does something worthy of being honored. Like MLK how he died trying to get black people rights and respect, to end discrimination. He is an honorable person because he did something that greatly impacted the world.

Reply
  13. Devin Rey Ceballos-Lagazo

In my opinion, an honorable person is someone who has integrity and always stays true to themselves and others. It is hard to always be truthful, but when someone is brave enough to admit their fault and do the right thing, that is what makes an honorable character.

Reply
  14. JayLe Arcangel- Stockwell

Through my eyes, an honorable character is someone who does actions to better the world and to help people without thought of being honored. They are humble and respectful. Theyʻre people who are leaders that donʻt do good actions to be praised but to just do them.

Reply
  15. Nāhale Dukelow

An honorable character in my eyes is someone performing things that make him honorable like being a chief, a teacher, a principal, a coach, or several other positions. Everyone should have honorable characters in their lives because honorable people show people how they themselves can become an honorable person

Reply
  16. Vince Ueki

someone in my opinion that is an honorable character is the teaches at our campus and many others at our school. honorable is someone that does something good but only some get rewarded for that and some dont

Reply
  17. Tidus Paet-Vegas

An honorable person is someone who deserves respect for showing leadership. For example, a teacher. An honorable person is someone who is there for people who need help. It is good that we have honorable people on this earth

Reply
  18. kawika lesa

An honorable character is a person that anyone can depend on, someone you can trust, and respect. Someone who is loyal, a leader.

Reply
  19. Alexis Rosete

I believe that an honorable character is someone that is truthful, loyal, kind, respectful, righteous and holy. An example of an honorable character is a teacher, a paster, a principle, a true friend, etc. I believe that everyone should strive to also be an honorable character for someone else because everyone should have someone to look up to and try to become.

Reply
  20. Jenson Nakasone

In my eyes, an honorable character is someone who does actions that make him honorable such as being a leader, a teacher, a principal, a coach, or many other roles. Everyone should have honorable characters in their lives because honorable people teach people how to become an honorable person themselves.

Reply