Freshmen Forum 26

The Bible is filled with great wisdom, comfort and words of encouragement.  But what happens when we disagree with the manaʻo?  Do we keep reading and believing anyway, or do we give it up?  Explain what you think and why.

Click on “comments” and share your manaʻo…

13 thoughts on “Freshmen Forum 26

1. Kaydrin Visesio-de la Nux

Yes the bible is filled with great wisdom, comfort, and words of encouragement but if/when you do disagree with itʻs manaʻo doesn’t mean you should stop reading the bible or loose your faith. Reading more of the bible will probably get you to understand more of what the manaʻo is trying to get you to understand/what it is saying and if you still disagree then you should probably stop take a break and talk/pray to God so he can help you change your mind about the disagreement that you have with the manaʻo.

Reply
  2. Laʻikūkalani Wong

I feel like if we disagree with the wisdom that the Bible provides we stray away farther from the lord and from his salvation. Sure we can keep believing and reading but at the same time we can give up and not believe his words. It all depends on our faith, and our loyalty to him.

Reply
  3. Japheth Joaquin

I believe that it is important to keep reading but if you are really having a hard time believing it you should say a prayer and ask the yourself to see if it is true

Reply
  4. Alyssa Cuttie

Yes I feel you should still continue to read the bible even if you may disagree with it. When reading the bible you may witness or read things that are confusing or donʻt agree with. This is where you pray and ask god about it and he will answer you. Everybody has their own personal opinion of things but you should still continue to read the bible and try to understand what you donʻt agree with.

Reply
  5. Jadon Valdez

Yes the bible has great wisdom and yes sometimes people may not always agree with what the bible says, but whats important when you read the bible is that you have an open mind. Normally when you donʻt understand something in the bible it is good to pray and ask for answers and understanding. Mahalo

Reply
  6. Laieikawai Keahi

I believe that when you read the bible and you donʻt exactly agree with the message it trying to say. I think that we should always have an open mind. You shouldnʻt put it down and give up you should continue because you never know what you may miss if you were to put it down and just give up. The bible has many great lessons for everybody if you just have and an open mind.

Reply
  7. Trenton Kiesel

I feel if we disagree with some things of the bible, we should still keep reading and believing anyway. As you continue reading the bible, it can possibly teach you about disagreeing with what God says and what to do. The bible is full of knowledge that people must know so they can be knowledgeable and a firm believer in God.

Reply
  8. Xavier Shiffler

I think that you should continue on and read it and if it doesnʻt make sense then itʻll make sense in some part of your life especially when you donʻt expect it. God is full of surprises and wisdom and heʻll tell you when you are ready to know.

Reply
  9. Hali'a Keahi

The bible is filled with great wisdom, comfort, and words of encouragement. But what do we do when we disagree? Well, to me I went through this multiple times and I stopped believing and gave up. When I did that my life got harder so I prayed to God and asked for guidance and wisdom. The feeling that came to me, told me to keep reading the bible and you will find your answer and so that is what I did. I feel like we may not always believe in what the bible says but that doesn’t mean to give up. I have been told that the bible is the Lord’s words and if you continue to read then blessings are sure to come your way, because through God anything is possible. Mahalo.

Reply
  10. Isaiah A.

What happens when we donʻt listen to the manaʻo, well thatʻs just like saying what happens when we donʻt listen to God. Consequences of course, but as always God is always forgiving, and if you beg for forgiveness, heʻll answer. He has a plan for us like the bible says, and that we should follow it in order to be true children of God.

Reply
  11. Tyler Kupau

Yes indeed the bible is filled with great wisdom and comfort. But when we do disagree with the bible on some terms well i shouldn’t say we should give up on reading the bible but more like we should ask god what do you want me to do. Somehow in some way god will always show you the way wether you donʻt look forward to it happening god never leaves his child stranded and all alone.

Reply
  12. Dorian Josue

The bible is full of great wisdom and information. When we disagree with the bible we must go to god and ask him to show us on the right path. Over time with your knowledge of christ growing you should soon understand the meaning of what god was trying to say to you. God dose what he can to save us and welcome us into his home heaven. So, we should believe in him no matter what comes our way.

Reply
  13. Alec Tolentino

It is true that the bible is filled with great wisdom, comfort and words of encouragement. But what do we do when we disagree with it? To me we just have to pray to ke akua why we feel this way. We may not get the message immediately but it will find its way to you somehow. When you find it youʻll understand we it is that way and we just need to believe in him that anything is possible no matter what comes our way. Mahalo

Reply