Freshmen Forum 22

In Matthew 18:3, Jesus said: “Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.”  What do you think he meant by this and how do we do it?

Click on “comments” to submit your mana’o…

8 thoughts on “Freshmen Forum 22

1. Japheth Joaquin

When it says to become like children that means to listen to the Lord follow the Lord, and just do everything a child does to its parents because its the only you can live with the Lord again

Reply
  2. Rylee

In this quote I think Jesus meant that if you never openly try to maintain a clear conscience, and that you have to be able to accept change. I believe Jesus meant not to remain innocent as much as to never regret, innocence is lost too quickly for him to have meant this quote in that way. This quote could mean that you have to remain accepting to receive acceptance.

Reply
  3. Jonah Raboy

I think this means that children at a young age always make mistakes and will eventually learn from them. I also believe that if you act like little children, free and always learning God will eventually have you enter the kingdom of heaven. I believe that god knows everything and by acting like little children we as people will prosper. This is my manaʻo on Matthew 18:3.

Reply
  4. Cassidy Hanano

Children have innocence and purity, which allows them to easily move on to heaven. I realize that with knowledge, we start to recognize sinful behavior. We start to sin, but can ask for God’s forgiveness. Once we are aware of our sinful temptations, we can ask for God’s help in moving on.

Reply
  5. Marco Kahoohanohano

I think that this means that children are innocent and pure because they are still young. Maybe this message is telling us to be innocent and pure and open hearted to God and that if we do not choose to act like children (Inncocent, Pure, Honest) then we wonʻt be allowed to enter Heaven.

Reply
  6. Elijah V.

I think to be like little children it means to be honest, innocent and respectful to the God. I feel that he meant also for us to be fresh and cleansed like them to not boast like adults, but to obey the God and all what he tells upon. We do this now days by accepting his truthful word and living by his word knowing that jesus is the father son and the holy spirit; all in one. To believe and to uphold his word and to know that through your belief in Jesus is the only need for salvation and as long as we believe in him according to scripture Ioane 3:16 No ka mea, ua aloha nui mai ke Akua i ko ke ao nei, no laila, ua hāʻawi mai ʻo ia i kāna Keiki hiwahiwa, i ʻole e make ka mea manaʻoʻiʻo iā ia, akā, e loaʻa iā ia ke ola mau loa. (John 3:16). Then, Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. All we need to do is follow his truthful words in the Bible and live like little children and follow the rules called The Ten Commandments and to believe in only him to have faith in his revelation.

Reply
  7. Micah Kele

I think this means that children are always good. They are honest and own up to their mistakes. We should try act like children (in honesty and innocent) so God will let us in his Kingdom.

Reply
  8. Sela Ngalu

I think it means that children are innocent and they are honest, and that we should be more like them, and that if we do not act like how children act, then we won’t be able to enter the kingdom of heaven. We can act like children by not sinning or doing anything bad and to try to stay clean.

Reply