Freshmen Forum 16

Which is more difficult for you to believe – that God exists…
or that God does not exist?

Explain…

Click on comments to submit your mana’o…

81 thoughts on “Freshmen Forum 16

1. Noa Saito-Takabayashi

Its more difficult for me to believe that God does not exist because throughout my life my grandmother and family would always tell me to have faith in God. It is understandable when someone says they arenʻt Christian because their isnʻt solid proof that God exists and no one is too sure of what he looks like but that is a part of being Christian, you have to have faith in what you believe is true or not.

Reply
  2. Isaiah Cravalho

I believe that it would be harder to believe that there is no god up there. Humans would have no “Real” purpose and I cant bring myself to think that all creation was made from the “Big Bang”. Scientist say that something cannot be made from nothing. What was this universe made from? They say a gas explosion but where did the gas come from. At some point they are contradicting their own statement and if what they say is true then something had to have came from nothing. Thats why its harder to believe there is no God in my opinion.

Reply
  3. Kaipo

It is more difficult for me to believe that God does not exists because I’ve been through many ups and downs in life and I pray to him every night and I thank him for bringing us home safely. He helps me get through the obstacles that I face and I know that he has a plan for me and no matter how tough something might seem, I will get through it.

Reply
  4. Mākaha Pang

It’s more difficult for me to believe that God isn’t real. I don’t believe that the galaxy started with a big bang. I believe that someone is watching over us and protecting us. I can feel him protecting me when I am in danger and when I need it.

Reply
  5. Japheth Joaquin

It is easy for me to believe in God because I have been raised in the church and I have been taught things that show me God is real

Reply
  6. Kalena Carpenter

For me personally, I used find it hard to believe that there is a God up there. I was raised in a strict christian household, yet, sometimes I find myself questioning my faith. I have matured, and my relationship with my Heavenly Father has grown tremendously. I pray every single morning to thank Ke Akua for waking me up so I have the opportunity to live this amazing life that He has blessed me with. I attend Church every Sunday and occasionally on Wednesdays as well. I now know that there is a God up in Heaven, and he has blessed me with this amazing, beautiful life.

Reply
  7. Kekapu Cabello

It is very easy for me to believe that God DOES exist. I was raised as a catholic my entire life and was taught by my parents and Sunday School teachers to trust in God and Jesus Christ.

Reply
  8. Luke Kahuhu

Itʻs very easy for me to believe in our Lord, Jesus Christ because Iʻve been a catholic my entire life and was raised in a christian household, where we pray the rosary, go to church weekly, and taught during my religious education classes.

Reply
  9. Ryan Wise

Personally, it is harder for me to believe that there is no God. There is so much proof through the bible and miracles that God blesses people with everyday that proves his existence. It is also hard for me to believe that he isnʻt real because I find it very hard to believe that everything and the universe just came to be. I know that God created this universe and made us and living things for a purpose. Although I still sometimes question my faith and wonder if there really is a God, at the end of the day I know heʻs real and that he loves me.

Reply
  10. Kawika Lesa

think it is more difficult for me to believe that God does not exist. I believe that as humans we need something to believe in. I think it is easier for me to put faith in God when needed than to just think He doesn’t exist.

Reply
  11. Leilani

I think it is more difficult for me to believe that God does not exist. I believe that as humans we need something to believe in. i think it is easier for me to put faith in God when needed than to just think He doesnt exist.

Reply
  12. Kaiya Kapaku

It is more difficult for me to believe that God does not exist. It kills me every time someone says that they don’t believe in God, but at the same time, I respect them, but most of the time, I like to speak my mind. God is someone who we can all pray to when we are uncertain of things, but if he did not exists, who would fill that role.

Reply
  13. Vince Ueki

It is harder for me to believe christ does not exist. I went to church for a little while but stop when i was about seven years old. With what is happening today we will need the power of god because there are many bad things happening. I dont think i will ever not believe in god.

Reply
  14. Giselle Bocon

It s difficult to believe God is not real because of all the things heʻs blessed me with my whole life. I feel like God makes the world better because he MADE the world. He blesses us each day with a new life and continues to bless us daily. He put us on this earth and itʻs hard to believe we came from the sea or monkeys. God is real and he is our father.

Reply
  15. Kealani

I feel that personally, it can be very hard sometimes to believe that God is real and exists in this world. This may be because you canʻt physically see or touch Him but also because sometimes I pray in times of struggle and I feel like there is no response, but there really is. I also didnʻt have experience within the church and I was never surrounded by any religion.

Reply
  16. Lilinoe Medeiros

In my opinion it is harder to believe that God exists. It is easier to believe that God does not exist because there is no proof that he lived and he existed. It is hard to believe that God is real because I havenʻt seen any proof of him.

Reply
  17. Rylee

I find it harder to believe that God does not exist. In all the time we spend on earth, in everything we see, do and learn, how could anyone truly think that there is nothing else out there? That there nothing more than plant, human, animal? It wouldn’t make sense. Humans, plants and animals were all created by something, or someone. God is the someone that we refer to as our creator, our safe place to run too. Even if God wasn’t real people would still choose to believe in him for their own comfort and motivation.

Reply
  18. Selena Pualani Castro

For me personally, I find it hard to believe that there is a god out there. I was raised in a christian household, yet I still find it hard to believe. Maybe it’s because I’ve never encountered God’s presence like how my parents did, or maybe I just need to see things to believe things. It kind of ties to having faith in the lord. Yes I do pray, occasionally read the bible, I read the word, yet I’m always left confused about things. Like it’s hard to believe that there is a heaven out there, and that we could live an eternal life with god. I find it difficult to believe in something that I can’t physically see. I want to have faith in him, and I do, but I will always have that doubt. I know, and read everyday that God has an unconditional love for me, but sometimes, I feel guilty about it. I sin everyday, and I disobey him sometimes as well as everyone else, so how could he still love us? We shut him out sometimes, and we ignore him too, yet he supposedly still loves us?! It’s tough to believe many things that the word of god teaches.

Reply
  19. Shanaya DeRego Ho'opai

It’s difficult to believe that Christ doesn’t exist. I was raised with the beliefs that he created everything around us; from the ‘āina, the skies and heavens, and the animals around us. He’s all I’ve ever known and raising up in a Christian house (and going to a Christian school), I’ve had the belief of him imprinted in my mind and although I respect other peoples’ opinions, I’ve never really supported if they said they didn’t believe in him. I just think it’s silly but I just know God exists because he’s the one I go to when I’m feeling down and he’s always there for me, even if it’s not physically.

Reply
  20. Maurice Vitcovich

To me, it’s harder to believe the god exists. This is because nowadays there is no one who has actually seen him unless they are with him. No one knows what he looks like or what he is like. He might have given us signs to know that he is real, but other then that and the Bible, there is no concrete proof that he exists. However, that is what faith is all about, right? You’re supposed to believe in him while fighting against all odds. That’s how you will know if he’s real.

Reply
  21. Kayden Medeiros

It is now more difficult to believe that God does exist because no one really knows if he is apart of existence or not. We have learned so many of who God is and what he did. He made the “heavens”, created man kind, earth, etc… Growing up I believed in god, and today I still do, but it is becoming more difficult now because Iʻm not that kid I was anymore, and it makes sense now that nobody knows if God is apart of existence.

Reply
  22. Kellysa

Itʻs a little more difficult for me to believe that God does not exist. This is because throughout my life, Iʻve always prayed to God, and I have always been taught to believe that he was real. In addition, although I am and never was very consistent with going to church, I strongly believe that he exist. Furthermore, God or Jesusʻ name has brought comfort and power to many different aspects to my life. Also, not believing in God for me, is like not believing in the afterlife. If there is no God, then where do the souls of living things go after theyʻve departed from their body? Iʻd like to believe that the souls of the people I care about wonʻt just stay planted in the dirt after they die. Iʻd like to believe that their spirits will live on forever, in a safe place. Without God, wouldnʻt there be no life after death?

Reply
  23. Matthew Kaimiola

It is more difficult for me to believe that god exists because no one knows who created god, the being that created the “heavens” and earth. Who created the all-powerful being? Was the creator of god more powerful than god himself? Was the creator of the one who created god more powerful than the one who created god? This can go on and on and it creates a paradox and the question cannot be answered by he was just there or he created himself, but some people would argue, “But he’s an all-powerful being, so why can’t he.” Well, self-creation is not possible. Now changing the topic, the writer of genesis, the first in the bible, was written by Moses. How did Moses acquire the knowledge of what happened when “God created the heavens and earth”? Maybe Moses was a drunk or the inventor of the subgenre magical realism. To wrap up this rant It is harder to believe in god.

Reply
  24. Makena Nagasako

For me personally, it is difficult for me to believe in Godʻs existence. I have struggled trying to believe in any type of religion as most tend to have very little solid evidence to support them. Growing up, I have loved science more than any other subject and I especially love to remember things by fact. I think that Iʻve always had a hard time putting my faith into something that canʻt be proven. I do hope in the future that I can be more open minded to religion.

Reply
  25. Kaʻiliwai Lau-Amaral

I believe that it is hard that God does not exist because I come from a christian family and they have persuaded me to believe that he is really in heaven. I have got to church and i believe that he is real. that is why i believe that it is hard for me that god doesn’t exist.

Reply
  26. Micah Kele

It is more difficult to believe in God because there is no proof that he existed. And the human wrote the book so it is hard for me to believe if there is no physical proof of him.

Reply
  27. Taylor Morita

It’s more difficult for me to believe that he doesn’t exist because our world had to be created by someone and someone needs to watch over us (his children).I believe in God and I know he is watching over me because when I need him most all I have to do is pray to him and call to him for help. If there is no Lord or God who created this world and us? If he doesn’t exist, where did we come from? We all had to come from somewhere.

Reply
  28. Kaeo Kanemitsu

Its harder for me to believe for God not to exist because I know he is there when we were rally sick we just prayed to God for help and he helped me get better and we all were just thankful for what he did for us .So now we always Pray to him everyday and give him thanks.

Reply
  29. Graydon Tanaka

It is more difficult for me to believe that god exists because I have no physical proof that god does exist but I think that if we are true believers in god then we do not need proof in god to believe that he exists.

Reply
  30. Micah Kele

Its more difficult to believe that God does not exist because I know he was watching me throughout my life and he guided me when I was weak. I prayed to him when I needed it the most and he helped me. So it is kinda hard to believe he doesnt exist.

Reply
  31. Lanse

Its more difficult for me to believe that christ does not exist. I grew up in a mormon Home, so I was taught about the gospel my whole life. It kills me ever time someone says that they don’t believe in christ. I respect them but most of the time I like to say in what I believe.

Reply