1st Quarter Highlights
- Holomua Interdisciplinary Unit – Haumāna learned about learning style preferences, emotional intelligence, study skills, time management and S.M.A.R.T. goals.
- Field Trip to Ka‘iwakīloumoku – Haumāna made pa‘i‘ai, learned about ‘ōlelo no‘eau and the servant leadership of the Kamehameha ali‘i, played Makahiki games, and helped clear weeds from the garden.
- Lehualympics – Each Lehua advisory created a country name, flag and national anthem. The haumāna participated in an opening ceremony, competed individually in the academic events and with their advisory for the team events. Medals were awarded during the closing ceremony.
- Science – Haumāna studied lab safety, lab equipment and metric measurements.
- Social Studies & Language Arts – Haumāna read “Rise of the King – Kamehameha” and completed the “K” for Kamehameha project.
- Math – Haumāna learned about rational numbers, integers and scientific notation.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized
. Bookmark the permalink