BUSTED #3…And Weʻre On Fall Break!

“Yay! Weʻre hanging out!”

Hmmm…Sitting here on break, trying to decide if I should put my coffee cup down & get up off my couch and start the day.  Should I exercise? Well…I Should exercise!  Ahh, the familiar “bing” of emails coming in…good excuse, to NOT work on my sweat equity just yet, need to check my email!! 🙂

Hereʻs an excerpt of what I see as I “stall”…

Hi Mrs Ah Hee,

I reached my reading goal of ten books!! I am even surpassing it by reading my eleventh book! If I finish that I will try for my twelfth book. The books I’m holding I have finished from Saturday to Tuesday. Thank you for your motivation and support. Oh and by the way, I have been hanging out at home and I even ate 100 sunflower seeds. I got really bored and was hungry so it was a fun challenge. I am also having a sleepover with teammates tonight.  Hope you enjoy hugging Hapa on the couch!

Caylee working her way to GENRE GOLD!

Do you feel it?  Here comes BUSTED #3 and its Fall Break! “BUSTED” posts happen when students make great choices (for self/for others).  You Go Caylee!  Caylee has used some of her vacay to work on reading goals without sacrificing FUN!  Sunflower challenge=FISH! Lips for sure!

At the onset of our year, students were given the challenge to read 9 genres every trimester, on their way to attaining our ultimate year end goal of reading ONE MILLION words!  We discuss setting personal goals, we track genres weʻre working on and have already completed in class, shared data on reading and test scores, we talk about having a growth mindset & being able to hoʻomau to face challenges head on.  As a FISH!, we need to “choose our attitude” and make choices that matter! So proud to see that our class discussions transforming into positive ACTION!  Hoʻomaikaʻi Caylee for having a growth mindset and “going for it!”  You Rock!

Love it when any member of our team of 25 takes on the “lead by example” role…Thanks Caylee, for the inspiration to push to meet goals for us all…Lesson learned, Iʻm off to exercise now! :). Hapa is on his own on the couch for now…Kaʻu Iʻa…Got Genres? 🙂  Friendly reminder:  All genres and book presentation due on Fri., Oct. 20th! 

“Iʻm flying solo..until sheʻs done exercising!”

This entry was posted in Ohana Alert!, Pilina, Reading, Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.