Today, the 5th graders got the opportunity to visit Kula Waena (middle school) to meet their future 6th grade teachers & counselors, as well as take a tour of the beautiful campus with student leaders…They got a chance to meet Mr. DeSa, the Poʻo Kumu too.
IMPORTANT TO NOTE:
1. Elective Forms were sent home TODAY 4/28…it is first come, first serve! Must have both parent signatures (according to Mrs. Moran in middle school) unless one parent has sole custody. Students will get a choice between Art with Mrs. Kirsch, Band with Mrs. Harris, OR Drama with Mrs. Ahuna. Please mark 1st , 2nd, and 3rd choice on the form prior to returning it to me in class!
2. Math Packet will be sent home for summer homework soon. Packet will be great practice. Students will be taking a Math Mastery Test during the 1st week of school and must pass in order to move on.
3. English/Language Arts: Students will need to read a book from the survival genre over the summer. A list to choose from will also be coming home soon…Be aware that you will need to purchase this book on your own or borrow it from the public library.
4. P.E. requires uniforms to be worn…uniforms can be purchased at PTO school store at Paiʻea Stadium. Watch for the dates that they are open…May 2nd is the next open date! Plan on bringing a bag of toiletries to school to 🙂
5. KS Connect and Planners will be used to share information regarding assignments and homework! 🙂 KS Connect shares grade updates and the planner will be a way of informing ohana!
BACK TO THE REMAINING DAYS OF 5TH GRADE:
Ohana Alert for the Week of April 28-May 2
IF YOU ARE PLANNING TO TAKE YOUR CHILD AFTER THE MAY DAY PROGRAM, PLEASE LET ME KNOW ASAP…OR SEE AUNTY B ON THAT MORNING! (The line may be long if you wait! )
5th grade students are to wear the color ula’ula! (RED aloha wear)
Wed., April 30-Day 1: Birthday Celebration for our April babies during our lunch today!
Thurs., May 1-Day 2: May Day rehearsal for students.
Fri., May 2: MAY DAY Program “E kū Kanaka, E kū Haʻaheo!” Program begins at 8:15am, bring your lawn chairs to enjoy the last performance on the hula pa for Papa ʻElima! Bring your cameras to capture the memories…IF you plan to take your child after the program, please stop by Aunty Bʻs to let her know. Those few remaining students will have to go to middle school to watch their performance. School gets out at 11:15am! Please make arrangements!
Sat., May 3: Solar Boat Regatta today!
Mon., May 5: Faculty In-Service Day: NO SCHOOL!