Easter (posted by Austin)

April 26th, 2011 by tinakamo

For Easter what are your family traditions? Do you hunt for Easter eggs or do something else? Details please. What do you think the meaning of Easter is ? Why ?

Posted in General Discussion, ‘Ohana | 20 Comments »

20 Responses

1. sarah Says:

My family traditions are doing easter kind stuff like eating Easter lunch and Easter dinner. I hunt for eggs. I think the meaning of Easter is when Jesus rose again. WHY because on Easter Jesus rose again Easter is not about Easter eggs and bunnys or chocalate its about when Jesus died for us and rose again.

2. AnDee Says:

Me and my family hunt for Easter egg’s on Easter. When we hunt for the egg’s we put the egg’s in hard place’s for us to find. I think the meening of Easter is to selabrate the risen of JESUS. AUSTIN what do you do for Easter? Do you like Easter AUSTIN?

3. Kainani Says:

On Easter my family tradition is to go to the Kaneohe Yacht Club and pet bunnies, chicks and hamsters, ride on horses, and have a egg hunt. Once you’ve found your egg, you get a chocolate bunny. I think that the meaning of Easter is that it was the day that Jesus died on the cross. Why? ‘Cause the day Jesus died was a very important day.

4. Taylor Says:

My famaliy traditions are to go down to my aunty Lei’s house and we do not realy celabrate the true meaning of easter we just dier eggs and then we do a egg hunt with me and kylie’s cusins. well I think the trrue meanig of easter is Jesus because I love god.

5. shayni Says:

My family traditions are my family always goes to my G.G.S house for Easter and we usually color eggs we do a Easter egg hunt and we play a egg game that you need to get one egg then you challenge a person then you hit the other persons egg then when your egg is cracked you lose.

6. shayni Says:

Yes I do a Easter egg hunt. I think Jesus Chris had risen from the dead. I think that because Jesus died for our sins on good Friday and risen from the dead on Easter Sunday.

7. Jireh Says:

My family tradition is having an outreach celebration where we invite other people to come to the beach, go on rides and see our church play about how Jesus died on the cross. The meaning of Easter is Jesus dying on the cross and he rose again.

8. Trey Says:

For Easter my family had our cousins over at our house for our Easter dinner. The day before Easter my family went to our church to have a Easter egg hunt. I think the meaning of Easter is when we celabrte the resarection of Jesus
    Christ.

9. Pono Says:

My family traditions for Easter are: going to my cousin’s beach house in Makaha, having a Easter egg hunt there, and playing and playing, and getting pounded in those mega waves. We hunt for Easter eggs. I think that it is a celebration of the resurrection of Christ, our Lord. I think that because when i was a small, little boy, my parents told me that.

10. Storm Says:

my family tradition is to have everyone come over and and have an eatser dinner, but this year there was an event before that so no one came over. We always eat patato salad from the eggs that I dye. This year our patato salad was blue because I dyed my eggs blue. I have an easter egg hunt. This year my eggs were matalic and smilely faces on the eggs – there is always money in it.
    I’m feeling lucky. I think the true meaning of Easter is to worship God and give thanks because he died on the cross for our sins.

11. Kuha'o Says:

For easter my family died eggs went to the beach and hidden eggs also we had a dinner my dad made steak and hotdog on the hibachi and my mom made potato salad and pistacho cake. The true meaning of easter is when god risen from death in the tomb. Why because GOD is the most powerful person on earth and he was lucky that he rose again. Nobody knew he was going to rise from death exept GOD.

12. Kamuela Says:

This year for Easter my family celebrated it buy having a party with my cousins and we had a Easter egg hunt. I think that the meaning of Easter is that Jesus has risen from the dead cause that’s why they chose eggs and bunny’s for the picture cause chickens and bunny’s give birth to allot of baby’s so it’s like it was reborn just how Jesus was reborn.

13. Joshua Says:

My family’s tradition is we die eggs and Easter egg hunt and eat dinner together. we die eggs and hunt eggs. I know that the true meaning of Easter is how Jesus rose from the dead because that was the day Jesus rose from the dead.

14. Austin Says:

For Easter I have 3 places that I celebrate Easter at.I get to go easter egg hunting at my house,nana’s house and grandpa’s house.Becaause my cousin is too young to go egg hunting,it is only me and Ethan.That means we get more easter eggs.I ussually get to dye eggs at my grandpas house but this easter we did not.I think the meaning of Easter is that God has risen again because he died on the cross for us.

15. Jolie Says:

My Easter tradition is a two day celebration! The Saturday before Easter I go to my church’s Easter egg hunt. This year I performed a dance with my chuch hip hop class. I had fun and i was happy to see my friends from preschool. After the egg hunt I have a Easter picnic with my mom’s family. This year we went to Moanalua Gardens. It was a really nice day. I had a great time eating, making bubbles, feeding fish, decorating cupcakes and hunting for eggs with my cousins. After the picnic I went to my dad’s mom’s house and dyed eggs. On Easter Sunday I went to chuch and then ate lunch at home.

I think the reason we celebrate Easter is because Jesus died on the cross for us and rose again. Jesus died for our sins so we can go to heaven. THANK YOU JESUS!

16. Cade Says:

My family tradition is to have family and friends over for Easter diner. I got to participate in two easter egg hunts, they are a lot of fun. The meaning of Easter is that Jesus rose from the dead on Easter Sunday. Easter is a holy day.

My family t

17. Aidan Says:

I dont have a famaliy traditions but i do go and see some friends and family.I think that the true meaning of easter is when GOD rose from the dead.

18. TREVOR Says:

I HUNTED FOR EASTER EGGS AT MY AUNTY SALLY HOUSE AND TUTU NANA’S HOUSE. BEFORE WE ATE WE PRAYED TO LORD JESUS CRIST.

THE MEANING OF EASTER IS THAT JESUS HAD RISEN.

19. Isha Says:

My family turdition is we eat soba and we go to my softball team at kipapa and get goodies and barbecue and hunt for eggs.and some times in easter we die eggs.I think the ture meaning of easter is that jueses has risen and to honre juses like what he did for us like he died for our sins .

20. Kahu Ann Says:

I love reading your comments on Easter. Ho‘omaika‘i!