Wacky Weather

January 12th, 2011 by tinakamo

Today we experienced some Wacky Weather, which prevented us from going to Hawai’i’s Plantation Village as we originally planned.  Please use your knowledge about the weather to describe your observations.  Make Mrs. Kutsunai and Mrs. Redona (and me!) proud. =)

Posted in General Discussion, Science, ‘Ohana | 23 Comments »

23 Responses

1. Sarah Says:

In science and the computer Lab we learned that a word for rain is Pertisapation and also I saw pertisapation. I’m glad we didn’t have hail even though rain can turn to hail. The hail would have hurt. Later the sun popped up so we saw the sun and dark cumulus clouds.

2. Kahiehie Says:

The weather was cold in the morning, it was blowing hard and it was raining hard and it was cold too :(.But now I not cold for today :).

3. cade Says:

It was raining so hard that it blow trees down. And their was persipihtation.It felt so rainy.

4. Joshua Says:

What! The Plantation Village feild trip is canceled. Today the weather was so wacky that’s praobly why the blog post is called wacky weather. It was praobly wacky and rainy and windy because it still in the cold part of the year. It was so cold for me I almost where a jacket the hole day. The rain was so loud we could hear it from inside! But you can also call rain,hail, and sleet, percipitation.

5. Jolie Says:

The weather today was raining cats and dogs. From what I know from Science, the falling water of rain is pricipitation. In the sky there were cumulus cloud`s that were gray.

6. Kainani Says:

My knowledge is that some weather is normal…like sunny and rainy seasons. Some weather is bad,like hail,storms,and other weather disasters. At school we had a big storm,so something told me that there would be more bad weather. I could tell ’cause the gloomy,gray clouds seemed to stay like glue. It was also VERY windy.

7. Kainani Says:

Very observant,Cade! =)

8. Kainani Says:

Dear Jolie,
    Raining CATS and DOGS!?
    =1
    That sounds weird!

9. Cindy (Kainani's mom) Says:

It’s too bad the field trip was canceled due to weather but I like the way you all found the silver lining and took the opportunity to discuss this wacky weather! 🙂 As we look outside the window now we are seeing popcorn clouds. What do you see?

10. Kainani Says:

This wacky weather made our electricity go out! :T

11. Kuha'o Says:

I noticed that in school it was raining and also there was strong wind and I heared thunder. I noticed that the grass looked like a wave because maybe the wind was so strong. Also the sky was dark.It looked like the tree was going to fall down . I hope the weather tomorrow isn’t worser than it is today.

12. Taylor Says:

We got some wacky weather today lots of on and off rain and preciatation. I think we are going to get down pord tomorrow becuse of today. But who knows whats going to happen we are bloging about wacky weather.

13. Austin Says:

I know that today is the rainy season and I can understand why it was a little rainy but in the middle of the day was so nuts that was sooo much precipitation today.That was one of the rainest days of my life.

14. Storm Says:

Jolie,
    I think the same thing about precipitation. I would describe todays weather -it was too rainy for me in the morning it was pouring my grandma told me to even bring an umbrella because the rain was so hard(when I tried to get in the car with my umbrella when I tried to put my umbrella in I smashed my finger):( -It was so windy that my neigbors leaves came in to my yard.-It was so cloudy I think it was stratocumulus clounds(it was grey clouds).

15. Kamuela Says:

today there was a lot of percipitation and it was very windy. It was so windy that when I looked out the back window of our class room it looked like the tree was about to fall down onto the road and it was so rainy that ounce I got home it was s super wet and right know I cooled hear thunder and I cooled see the flashes outside my window.

16. KANA'I Says:

Today was a rainy day and weird at the same time.It started rainy then sunny then rainy then sunny and it was complicating day in my hole life!

17. Pono Says:

I think that today had wacky weather because it’s the rainy season. The wacky weather today was really bad and stormy and strong. We didn’t go to the Plantation Village probably because it was poring.

18. Aidan Says:

I notice at school that in the beginning of the day it was rainy. Then when it go close to the end of the day it got more sunny.

19. Isha Says:

I saw a wacky weather I saw lightning and I had to take a shower early because our power might go off because of the rian.At school our class saw presepetation and when I saw the lightning it was like three d and it was right out my window and it was so bright that I could see evrei thing out my window vlike the view was so clear.

20. TREVOR Says:

the wind wqas so strong it blew down my football trophie because my window was open a little. the rain was so strong it made all these puddles. sometimes i saw it poring and next time i looked it was sunny.

21. Taylor Says:

I saw lighnig out my window!

22. Kainani Says:

Today is supposed to be stormy. We also would have a black-out. I wonder why it was sunny out? 🙁

23. Kainani Says:

Dear Taylor,
    I had a HUGE wave of lightning out my window. Did you? 😉