Teamwork anyone?

December 9th, 2010 by tinakamo

Please reflect on your experiences working in your “village groups” during the last two days.  What do you think went well?  What were some challenges you experienced?  What do you think you might do differently the next time you work on a group project?  Do you think it is important to be able to work with others?  Why?

Posted in Social Studies, ‘Ohana | 26 Comments »

26 Responses

1. ANDEE Says:

I think the thing I did bad was being bossy and being meen to my teem. I was nise to. I was sharing. are group name is HAWAII. Are group was not done. I should werk with a group because I can share in a group.

2. Joshua Says:

I think the drawing and writing went well. What to draw and were to put it. Take pride in the coloring and more coaperation. Yes I know that it is important to work with others. Because what if you where on the Hawaiiloa sailing from hawaii to Chad with a group of people you need team work to stay safe and to survive.

3. Kahiehienuikumahilani Says:

I think we did a good job drawing the ocean. The challenge was sometimes we argued about the background. Next time maybe we can do it like a web. Teamwork is really important because you can’t work all by yourself.

4. Taylor Says:

Ithink honestly that I was a little bossy but I also agreded alot. I think this is an inportant leason because it teches you to work together or as a grupe.

5. Kainani Says:

I think what went well in my group (Samoa) was that we agreed with stuff quickly.I think the challenge was when I disagreed with our first draft (a coconut web).I think what I will do next time is be more serious about my work.I think working with others is important ’cause we get to know each other.Like if someone fell off a boat.What would you do? Well,help that person with teamwork!

6. Storm Says:

I think our team argued and did`nt agree on a lot but our poster turnd out to look nice.What I thought I could do better was to not be mean and to be nice in stead.I think what I was good at was sharing and not yelling.team work is important because it would be hard to do a big paper all by your self.I think samoa did a good job because they finished first and they used a good idea on the`re paper.

7. Kainani Says:

Taylor,
    I agree with you,but I won’t admit if you were bossy or not.(I DO think you had some pretty cool ideas,though.

8. Storm Says:

and next time I`ll try to be beter by being nicer to my team mates.

9. Kainani Says:

Storm,
    What was your group again?

10. Isha Says:

I like how me and adain were woking together and how we talk it out when we diesagred.I think the changes that we should of done was to change the back round into one color because I made the line crouked so it wil be easy if I put one coloer. I like how auteoaroa group made a beautifull deesine and how there writing look nice.I like how all of the groups did ther best.I like fijjis name deesine becaus it looks camufloging and fansey. good bye

11. Kainani Says:

To everybody,
    You all did a great (I mean AWESOME) job

12. Isha Says:

kianani I think storm was sumoa.

13. Isha Says:

thank you kianani and you did great to and every body you did fabulos.

14. TREVOR Says:

I THINK I COULD have colored better because when i color the paper it was scrible scrable and our group did good at working quikly and we had good team work

15. Kamuela Says:

I think that it went well when we were agreeing with what we are going to do. I think one of the challenges were when we were trying to think witch design we were going to do. Something that I will do different is think of more ideas for my group. I think its important because it helps us with working together.

16. Trey Says:

I think our group did pretty good. But a lot of dissgreyments. I don’t think I did good because I messed up the hole paper by coloring a littel part really dark. A challeng for me was to not play around with Cade. I think that are hole group did well at working together as a team and not yelling at eachther and not them around. Oh and every one did fabulos and awesome.

17. Kamuela Says:

Isha
    me Kainani,Trevor and Taylor were samoa.

18. Aidan Says:

one of my challenge was agreeing with Isha sometimes. It is helpful to work in a group because theres people to help you and it’s fun.

19. Kuha'o Says:

It went well with the drafting like when my table was writing ideas but when we were coloring we had alot of dissagreements .One of my chalenges was to work as a group also be coaprotive .Somehing I would do next time is watch the way I speak nice more.I think it is important to be a team so we can get our work done.

20. Pono Says:

Aloha,
    I think it went well because we all agreed on this one draft because we did two. We stuck with the second idea. I think it was a challenge to catch up because we were a bit behind. I think the next time we do a group project we should stay inside the classroom to work while recess happens as much as we can. I think it is important to be able to work together because you can get friends and you will do better the next time.

21. Sarah Says:

I think it went well when are group used are draft where we are going to put are picture on our draft.The challeng I icsperience was when are group did not use are draft we got micst up when we did not use are draft.Use are draft and not to color the back round because it toulk are group a long time to finish but are group is still not done.I think it is important to work with others because like if you had to finish a big piece of paper and had to finish in 1 day it wold not be finished by 1 day. But if 4 or 5 people do it in 1 day then they would probaley finish in 1 day.

22. Cade Says:

I think that I was playing around and not agreeing to lots of things. And that I was playing around with Trey and not focusing on our groups paper. I’m sorry and I will do better next time.

23. Kana'i Says:

I thought one thing went well was aggreeing if staying in for recess. I also thought one problem was agreeing to what we were going to wright and another problem was we were not looking at our draft.

24. shayni Says:

I think my group and I will work better next time.These are some things I made mistakes on. I scribble scrabled and I did not ask what I needed to do.

25. Jolie Says:

I think there were a lot of good ideas. A good idea was when we drew a wa’a and put what we learned in the wa’a. A challenge was not telling the people in our group what we did on the paper. When a person did something without letting the other people in the group know things didn’t go right. Next time I will look at the draft paper more. It is important to be able to work with others because it speeds up the process of group projects.

26. Austin Says:

I think there were lots of disagreing in my group. No one took the lead and too many people were yelling out their answers. I’m going to talk it out before I just do it because it makes my group frustrated. It is important to work together because you don’t need to do it all by yourself.