Androcles and the Lion

November 17th, 2010 by tinakamo

Today we watched a wonderful play written by Aurand Harris and performed by Keaka Kamehameha.  What do you think are some of the big ideas of “Androcles and the Lion?”  What makes you think that?

Posted in General Discussion, Literature Discussions | 17 Comments »

17 Responses

1. ANDEE Says:

I know that when Androcles and the lion first met the lion was mad at Androcles. When Androcles pulled the thorn out of the lion’s paw, the lion and Androcles were friends. I think that the big idea is to be a friend. My favorite favorite character is the lion because he is funny when he roars.

2. jolie Says:

I think the big idea was you shouldn`t be mean to each other because when the aunty was being mean to Isabella and then she met the lion he roared. Then the aunty listened and was not mean to Isabella.

3. Kahiehienuikumahilani Says:

When Androcles was fighting whith the lion and now their best firends.My favoret acter is Isabella the princes.

4. Taylor Says:

I think the big Idea is

To be a good frend and
    To treat everyn one farely

5. Cade Says:

I think the big idea is to be nice to people and to treat others the way you want to be treated. My favorite character was the women that had the money because she looked cool in her costume.

6. Storm Says:

When Androcles pulled the thorn out of the lions paw I thought the big idea of the story was to care for others and to be a nice frind.My favorite part of waiting is when the guy was doing funny things before the play,my favorite part of the play was when the lion roared I thought that part was funny.My favorite charactre was Androcles,because he was nice to his friends and he was funny.

7. Kainani Says:

I think the big idea is to treat others with respect. Why? ‘Cause the greedy guy treated Androcles with disrespect.

8. Kuha'o Says:

I think the big idea is ,that it matters what you think not what other people think. I think that it because it,s not fun to be teased or because it is like someone is judging somebody.My favorite characters were isabella and the captain.

9. Sarah Says:

Ithink the Big idea was when Androcles got scard of the Lion beacause he was very scard.

10. Trey Says:

I think the big idea is to not be selffish.Becuse rember Elizabith mom had all that gold and she did’t share it that cald being selffish.My favret careters are the lion and Elizabith.

11. shayni Says:

I think the message is don’t treat other people like slaves.I think that because in the play the slave for the master was treated so badly.

12. TREVOR Says:

A big idea about the play is Panelo trying to find the slave. He has Panelo’s gold and the captian is trying to get the slave too. The Lion is friends with the slave.

I like the time when Panelo had to give the slave twenty peices of gold or if he did not the lion will roar at Panelo and the Captian. I like when the slave was roaring and Panelo and the captian were saying roaring back to the slave. I like the part when the captian was talking like a girl

13. Austin Says:

I think the big idea in the story is to conker your fear and be a friend.Androcolies was conkering his fear of pulling the thorn out of the lions paw.My favorite character in the story was the Captin.The captin was my favorite character because he has a sword and none of the other character have a sword.

14. Isha Says:

I think that the big idea was about geting aloneg and about friend ship and how you can help each others. I conect that its like dannel and he was friends with the lion becauase the angel told him dont be afrad god is wacthing you so he rieliesd that the lion did not atac did not try to eat him they just went by him and snuggel with him.

15. Aidan Says:

i think the big idea is treet people with respecked because the rich guy wasn’t treeting androcles that nice

16. Kamuela Says:

I think the big idea is to treat others the way you want to be treated. Because when that old guy treated Androcles that way he wasn’t treating him the way he wanted to be treated.

17. Joshua Says:

I think the big idea was the friendship with Androcles and the Lion. Because they cared for each other. My favorite part was when Androcles was running away from the Lion Ha Ha!