Identity Part II

May 25th, 2010 by tinakamo

identity

We have learned A LOT about identity this year.  Take a look at the anchor chart we created at the beginning of the year.  How do you think a class “Identity chart” would look if we created it now? What changes would there be? What is your NEW thinking about identity?  How is it different from what you thought at the beginning of the year?

Posted in General Discussion, Social Studies, ‘Ohana | 31 Comments »

31 Responses

1. Kason Says:

The last time I brought a basketball a jiu-jitsu picture and now my Identity is baseball a picture of my family and
    jiu-jitsu.

2. kalista Says:

At the begining of the year my artifacts were a stuffed animal, a geisha doll and a book.Then I brought in blocks a picture of my dog and me riding a horse and two toy horses.The picture of me on the horse goes with the two toy horses.I would bring in a lego piece,a picture of my family and I would keep the picturee of my dog Sassy.

3. Charlize Says:

Identity chart would be more detailed because I did and learned alot in and out of class this past year. Some changes would be that I am more indepentant and not scared to try diffrent things. I also like to play ukulele now.

4. kalani Says:

I think that if we were to make a new chart it would not have things like your actions or your age because for example if you`re a mean person you can become a nice person and like if you are 8 you`re going to grow and before you know it you`re 17. 3 main things that I think is important in my IDENTITY is my passion[LEGO,POKEMON SOUL SILVER the game and POKEMON in general], where I live[ewa], and my ethinicity. If I were to bring 2 things to represent my Identity I would bring my POKEMON SOULSILVER GAME CASE and a LEGOMAN.

5. Noelani Says:

In the beginning of the school year my identity was my family,my dog,my mouse,Kaleoaloha Keiki Choir,special rocks and last clay making but now my identity has changed to my ohana,Kaleoaloha keiki Choir and playing catch.

6. Keanu Says:

Some changes in the identity chart would be like passion and who you are.The things I feel most comfortable with are passion,ethnicity,family,and who I am.

7. Hunter Says:

The first time we brought our “ME MUSEUM” things in I brought pictures of my… “soccer stuff,volley-ball, and bird.:) Now I have a picture of my ‘ohana, my volley-ball, and a soccer ball.:) Now I want to leave the picture of my ‘ohana, and take a picture of my dad’s side, because that is my chinese side, and my chinese side is the most important becausse I hardlly see them.:(

8. Pono Says:

I think what you like is not a big part of your identity. I think we have to add your passtion.

9. Camille Says:

I used to think that soccer and creativity was my identity but now I think that soccer, my hungerness, my sweets,my earrings, my ancestors, and my development in writing and my strong reading habits are part of MY identity. I think our class identity chart would now look like this:

IDENTITY
    WHO YOU ARE
    _____________

family
    personal info
    ethnicity
    nationality
    name
    age
    skin cells
    blood cells
    DNA

10. Trent Says:

From the beginning of the year I would bring a microphone and a photo of my sister. Now I would bring singing and a photo of my family. I did not want to bring a photo of my sister because Kaitlyn is part of my family so I decided to bring a photo of my family. I think that if we had a Identity poster right now it would be VERY different because some peoples Identity changed and we don’t need favorite toys and stuff we are in 2nd grade and maybe some people still want favorite toys but I don’t.

11. Esther Says:

In the begining of the year we were lerning about Identity.Some people were saying that Identity is your faverit toy.Now in the middel and the end of the year we learn more about Identity. There’s somethings that is added to my identity like being a Christian and my family. These two things are important to me and makes me who I am today.

12. Evan Says:

My identity from the beginning from the year was:space,soccer,and Lego’s. Now, my identity changed. I have cars because I like the technology,the design and how fast they can go from place to place. Also the custom paint or regular.I like football because even though I don’t play it,I like how the style of throwing to the player or tackling the player. I infer that if you get older, your identity might change. We could put in how it changes to our chart and we might have how old you are when your identity changes. My identity changed because I didn’t really have my interest in those things anymore. That’s why I changed my identity with football and cars.

13. bailey Says:

The indentity poster would be filled and a few things would be drop or moved. I chose family because my dog joined our family. Another thing is passion because it moved from football to basketball.

14. Dylan Says:

I think that a BIG ideas are your ancectors.I wouldn’t change anything because I brought in what I am.

15. Puuwai Says:

I would not change my ‘Ohana and my passion(singing). I think some of my Identity changed because everyday is different to me.

16. Tara Says:

I don’t think there would be all the things like toys you like or what you like to do I think it would be more words emphasized like family,strength and challenges. In the beginning of the year I thought it was more about your DNA now to me it’s family or passion.

17. koalii Says:

I thoght it will be a lot diffent the identity poster because we get all intrested in new things.
    My new things that I was thinking about was basketball and the playoofs is coming on thats why I
    lost interest in football.I have a huge new look at identity because I changed intress in some
    things.

18. Caitlin Says:

My identity in the beginning of the year was soccer,my pet and traveling. Now my identity is family, traveling and soccer. My identity changed because I realized that my family is more important then my pet.

19. Kason Says:

I think identity now means to me your passion, your language and what kind of person you are.

20. keenyn Says:

The beginning of the year I used to like ccars and teddy bears. And now I like different things. I like soccer and my family, my nationalities, and my ethnic bck ground.

21. kalista Says:

I think that if we made an identity poster right now we would have two important things that we would have on the poster.#1:’Ohana and #2:Passion.I don’t think that toys you like is very important

22. Noelani Says:

If we were to start a new identity poster I think some changes would be that we should erase the toys because I noticed that not alot of people choose a toy as one of there identity choices so I think that should be erased and another thing was that we should add were you are from because that we diden’t do and that’s what I think should be on there and another thing that should be on there would be pets because alot of us have pets and alot of us choose animals or pets as one of there identity choices.

23. Trent Says:

I think that if we made a new IDENTITY chart now it would look different because some peoples Identity changed over the year and instead of toys you like and what you like to play with I think we can put ethnicity, nationality, age, family, fingerprints, and name. From the beginning of the year poster I thought that we should put toys you like, and things you like to play with. Today maybe people will still want toys you like to play with and things you like to do but my identity dousen’t need it.

24. Keanu Says:

If we were to make a new identity poster, some changes would be your weight, height, length of hair, and shoe size.The first time I commented on Identity, I said that I think ethnicity is my identity.But now, I think identity is who you are who I am.

25. kalani Says:

I think that if we were to make a new chart it would have things like your DNA, your family, your ethnicities, were you are from, were you live, the language you speak and your personal info and not things like your age, action, what you like to eat, play, and do because they can always change. Before I thought IDENTITY was about what you look like and your DNA but now I think that its more about your ethnicities and your O`hana.

26. bailey Says:

Esther I realy agree with your first sentence about the “toy you like”.

27. Hunter Says:

I think the chart would have:
    IDENTITY
    WHO YOU ARE
    _____________
    Nationality,
    Ethnicity,
    Passion,
    Family,
    Life,
    Me.
    I want my “IDENTITY” to be my:
    “‘ohana, and natoinality”!!!!!!

28. Charlize Says:

In the beginning of the year I did not know what the word identity meant.

29. Puuwai Says:

If I could change this poster I would have to put my nationality, passion, Family & my life.
    If I could make my own poster and put my own identity I would put my singing, my house, my family, passion and my ethnicity.

30. Caitlin Says:

I agree with Esther. I think our
    favorite toy shouldn’t be on our
    class identity poster any more
    because it isn’t really important to us. I think our passion and family is more important to us because our family supports us and our passion is our hobbie or what we like to do.

31. Dylan Says:

Dear Mrs Nakomoto,
    please e-mail everyone in our class that you might see me and my brothers on tv on july 8,9 and 10th dancing hula.

thanks
    Dylan