Drummin’ Up Some ‘Ohana

April 21st, 2010 by tinakamo

What a wonderful message we all received from Chris Bright during ‘Ohana this morning!  I think most of us could really connect to his analogy about going through life’s tough road and meeting some potholes along the way.  What are your thoughts about his message?  Did you make any connections?

Posted in General Discussion, ‘Ohana | 23 Comments »

23 Responses

1. Trent Says:

I think his big message was don’t give up, keep trying because if you give up, your failures will still be there. My connection was the message that Chris Bright said was just like DOG OF THE SEA WAVES message.

2. Hunter Says:

During ‘ohana this mornig, Chris Bright takled about gonig through a “tough road of life” and you don’t see a 6 feet wide, and 10 feet deep pothole in front of you. Then you fall in it, and your struggling to get out, but you can’t. so you pray to god and say, “God please help me to get out of this 6 feet wide, and 10 feet deep, pothole.” then God helps you get you out of the pothole. I think his message was to keep moving forward. My connection is that the potholes i fall in is, focusing on my wrok in school, and out of school. Then I pray to God and ask him for help.

3. koalii Says:

I think the messege from chris bright was keep moving foward, never give up, always follow god with the path he is taking you with always, belive in god, you can pray with him whenever you want to. Don’t take the wrong path
    and god leaves you behind you can always catch up with god the same thing with the pot holes you always are going to fall in one but keep trying to get out.I have a connection with me and my baketball team we
    never gave up we kept trying and we ended up with a 8 and 2 record cause we learned to play with each other as a team. Just like everything always try your best and belive.

4. Kason Says:

I think he talked about the road that had BIG pot holes because when you are following HEAVENLY FATHER and JESUS CHRIST, you’re safe on the road. But, when you sin, then you fall into the BIG pot hole. Luckily, when you repent, JESUS will help you get back on track. I am happy 🙂 that we have that chance to get back on track.

5. bailey Says:

I think that Chirs Bright’s message was never give up. Like when he seid life is like a road , because pot holes are like a failur. Pray to god when you have strugles. My connection is my bad behavor and my homework is hard. My dad keeps trying to get me back on trak like god.

6. Puuwai Says:

I learned that you are always going to fail, only god because does not fail because he does not sin.
    If we are happy we could still have a chance to to get back on god’s rock.

7. kalista Says:

I think that Chris Bright’s message was to keep trying and to never give up.I have a connection to what he said.My problems are,listening and writing neatly,but I know that god will not let me down!He won’t let me stay in the big pot hole!

8. Keanu Says:

I, myself, has gone thru some rough times too.Yesterday,my sister Reaves got a toy from school.I wanted to play with it so I asked Reaves if I could play with it.She said no because I didn’t ask nicely.My mom scolded me and told me to ask nicely.The first time I tried to ask, I was angry so I didn’t ask nicely.The second time I tried, I asked nicely and she gave me her toy.I played with it for a while.

9. Noe Says:

This morning we had a very nice message from Chris Bright he was talking about his life and how things were back in the school years that have passed and how he could not join in this basketball team and him trying out for 2 of his collages that he wanted to go to but he could not go there and then after this talk about his life he started talking about how god could help you and just like you walking and you fall into a big wide pothole and you pray and pray then you could get saved so another message was always try your best and never give up when somthing is super hard.

10. Evan Says:

I think Chris Bright told us an important message today. It was about when you have failures, God can help you by you praying to God for help. Then he will rescue you. Its almost like every time when you are in trouble, God will hear you and rescue you. I agree with Chris. If you fail sometime, you can fix it by praying to God. God will always be on my side.

11. Caitlin Says:

I made a connection to Chris Bright’s message. When I was in Kumon I had a hard time with multiplication. Some nights I had to stay up late to do my work. It was very challenging. I learned even though its challenging atleast try your best. I finally got the hang of it. When I made honor roll I was so happy and proud of myself. Chris shared about his disappointment and anger when he didn’t get into the colleges and how he got into a good christian school that had a band for him to play in. He was happy and forgot all about the other two colleges. He said god had a plan for him, just like me. God has plans for everybody. You just have to pray and God will be there for you all the time.

12. kalani Says:

I think that Chris Bright
    had a really good massage because that message not only goes for us,it goes for everyone exept God and Jesus.

13. Esther Says:

I think that the message is fallier.Chris Bright said that pot holes is like failure.Its like perseverence, keep on trying.

14. keenyn Says:

I learn that if you pray to god he will anwer your prayer.You will allwase fail.

15. Tara Says:

Chris’s drumming was really good. I thought the message was to build your foundation on God’s rock. If you do this then you won’t fall as deep into the pothole…that’s why you need to keep God on your side.

16. Charlize Says:

If you have hard time doing soming try your best and don’t give-up.I learned from Chris Brigh that you will always fail.

17. Kahu Cathy Says:

I love all your comments! Here is what spoke to my heart from Chris’ message:
    Failure is just a part of life. But if I have chosen to follow Jesus, in His hands my failures can actually make me a better person, and build my character. Through good and bad times God can still keep guiding my life into the paths that are best for me. What I THINK is the best for me…hey, it may not REALLY be the best. God knows, so I can trust Him to lead me.

18. Camille Says:

Wow! I really, really wish I could be there. When I read some of the comments, it made me think of the Hannah Montana song, “Everybody Makes Mistakes”. 🙂

19. Puuwai Says:

I really liked listening to Chris’ message. I learned that even if we make bad decisions the most important thing is how we correct them. We have to admit our mistakes before we can move forward and become better. God understands that we are not him so we will make mistakes everyday, but I know that if I ask him to forgive me he will. If I ask him to help me correct my mistakes he will. If I ask him to pull me out from the hole he will. I know that because I know he loves me!

20. Dylan Says:

I think a message from Chris Bright is to believe and trust. I think that doing the right things takes practice. Just like how Chris had to practice to do his drum solo. Sometimes its hard for me to trust and believe.

21. Pono Says:

I like his message because I thought he was right about you will always fail in your life but if you pray God will help you out of the pothole. My connection is my sister got a chocolate bunny and I wanted some. I said, Dacia give me some. Then I had to ask again. Then I said Dacia may I please have some.

22. Pono Says:

Ithought Cris’s mesage was good.

23. Pono Says:

Ithink he was right about when you fallin a pot hole.