The Magician’s Elephant

October 13th, 2009 by tinakamo

books

We’ve just started reading Kate DiCamillo’s intriguing new tale. The story began with Peter Augustus Duchene using his only florit on the answer to ONE question he asked a fortuneteller. If you could ask a fortuneteller only one question, what would it be? Any other thoughts on the story so far?

Posted in General Discussion, Literature Discussions | 29 Comments »

29 Responses

1. Dylan Says:

I think that Peter is going to try find his sister by following the elephant.Then,Peter will become friends and the elephant will help Peter with his life.I wonder how his parents died?

2. Camille Says:

if i could ask 1 question,it would be for me and my sister to stop fighting about Grandpa and Nana’s I phone and who gets who’s phone and well,just about anything else. Sometimes we get along, but most of the time what we just do is just FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT. I wonder if the elephant is a ghost and only people who belive in it can only see it and it’s magic.I think the elephant can fly if it’s a phantom or a spirit.

3. Keanu Says:

if I had one florit my question would be when my mom’s dad died because I never met him.he died when I was a baby.
    My thought about the story.I think Vilna killed peters parents and now she/he is go and kill peter.

4. Pono Says:

I think he doesn’t want to tell Peter he killed his parents because Peter might grow up and kill him.

I think he doesn’t want to tell him his sister is alive because he has to get his own stuff.

5. kalani Says:

If I could ask any question to a forchunteller I would ask him/her what am I going to be when I get older?

6. Kalista Says:

If I had to choose one question it would be when will me and my brother stop fighting and racing when we are not suposed to do it?I think that the book is a very suspicious book.I think that the elephant is a ghost.I think that because on the cover the elephant is light wight color and usually ghost are light wight color.Thats why I think that the elephant is a ghost.But I had never seen a elephant as a ghost before.I think thats a little aquard.Don’t you think that?

7. bailey Says:

The kid disobayed the warrier that was
    pretecting him.

8. bailey Says:

He used a coin to buy bread and fish but he bought one queshan he said where is my sister then folow the elafhent to your sister.

9. bailey Says:

I would ask will my uncle ever get married.

10. koalii Says:

My question will be whats going to happen to me in the future because you never know whats going to happen to you In the future. you can live your dream or not because In
    the future you never going To know
    what you going to be. my mom is diffrent from my dad because she stays with us and my dad is a work man because he woke up at 4;00 in the morning! I cant wake up that early thats realy early
    lucky.

11. Evan Says:

This is about a story about a boy named Peter who met a fourten teller.Peter asked the fourten teller where his sister was.I would ask the foarten teller if I could have some books because I like reading books.

12. Esther Says:

I wish that I could see my family today cus I like to spend time with them all the time.

13. Trent Says:

If i had to ask 1 question it would be for grandma to get company in her house because my grandpa died.

14. Noe Says:

If I were to ask a fortune teller somthing that will help me Iwould ask it to help me with Math.

15. Puuwai Says:

If I could say a wish I would say where is koa and what happened to him/her because I don’t know what happened because I don’t know if I was even born yet or mabey only new born so where is he or her.I miss him even thow I never Seen him/her.

16. Noe Says:

Wow! Pu’uwai NICE comment.

17. Dylan Says:

Why does the elephant get to come out of prison and not the magician?He did not mean to make an elephant and make the elephant break someones legs,He was just trying to make some flowers.I wonder where Peter`s sister lives?Or she may not even be alive?I wonder who is lying?I wonder where the elephant is right now?I wonder what Peter is going to do with the money he has.

18. kason Says:

Peater was suopost to by bred and fish but he didn’t and he spent it on a fortune teller and the fortune teller said that his sister is alive but he thinks that the fortune teller was lying or Viduluts was lying to peater.

19. charlize Says:

Peater had a kone he was supost to
    use it to buy bred and fish. But he
    buy it on a fortune teller.

20. bailey Says:

The book is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

21. Dylan Says:

It is kind of weird that the elephant came out of nowhere?I wonder where the elephant is?

22. Dylan Says:

It was kind of weird that Vilna changed the subject when Peter asked Vilna if he ever lied.

23. Dylan Says:

I agree with you Bailey.

24. keenyn Says:

I wood ask wut hapind to my nana.

25. Dylan Says:

I think this is my favorite book even though we haven`t read all of the book.I wonder if Peter and the magician are going to be friends?If I were Peter,I would try to get the magician out of jail.I wonder if Vilna is going to run away because he lied?I wonder if the magician will try to escape out of the window?Why does only the elephant get to go out of jail and not the magician?I wonder if Vilna is going to forgive Peter and become friends?I wonder if the elephant will become friends because Peter will take care of the elephant and the elephant will take care of Peter.I think that Vilna will give the food that Peter got to Peter and tell him to leave.If I were a magician,I would want to make real magic happen like the magician.I wonder if he should trust Vilna?

26. keenyn Says:

I like this book but it is sad but i like it and it’s good and bye………..

27. Trent Says:

When we read the magician elephant I wonder if the magician and the elephant are going to get out of jail and is Peter going to let the magician and the elephant out of jail?

28. Pono Says:

I like when the guy Bartux is behind the elephant. So when the elephant poops he would see the elephant and would see the poop. I feel bad for the elephant because he gets poked by the people. I feel bad for Peter because Adelle is sepereted from Peter.

29. camille Says:

we were all laughing when we heard that Bartox was behind the elephant’s but with a bucket and shovel.